Leidos Maritime System Solutions (MSS) is seeking to hire an Engineering Drafting and Documentation Coordinator to join our project team supporting the Naval Information Warfare Center in San Diego, CA. The successful candidate will join a growing, fast-paced research, development, testing and evaluation team responsible for the manufacture and testing of various electro-mechanical devices used for both subsea and surface applications. Work will involve both prototype and production systems.
This position will require the candidate to obtain and hold a Secret Clearance. A currently held Secret or Top Secret clearance is a significant plus.
Works closely with the Engineering Team, Manufacturing Team, and Configuration Management to produce complete and traceable engineering documentation packages
- Create, edit and update engineering documentation and designs
- Participate in Engineering and Manufacturing workflows to ensure documentation is concurrently produced and cataloged
- Track engineering documentation progress from inception to delivery
- Work with Configuration Management to ensure appropriate control and management of produced documentation
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of ASME 14.100-2004 or an equivalent Engineering Drawing Practices standard.
- Demonstrated familiarity with ASME Y14.5M Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Familiar with Department of Defense (DoD) and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) drafting standards and practices.
- Experience producing designs and drawings with Altium Designer (1-2 yrs)
- Experience producing design and drawings with SOLIDWorks and SOLIDWorks PDM (1-2 yrs)
- Experience with Electrical and Mechanical Manufacturing Processes
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools including Visio
- Experience with document management automation tools
- Familiarity with Configuration Management tools and practices
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience or Technical training in electrical/mechanical drafting and drawing development, demonstrated industry experience and proficiency in Electrical/Mechanical design documentation development; BS/MS in Electrical Engineering (EE) or Mechanical Engineering (ME) and experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Marine / Shipboard experience
- Ability to work aboard small boats (i.e. not susceptible to motion sickness)
- Willing to travel for short periods of time to support project requirements
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Drafting
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.