Health Growth Solutions (HGS) is our Innovation team that performs Research & Development projects and builds new Leidos differentiated solutions to solve ‘real-world’ problems. The activities we perform include but are not limited to performing Proof of Concepts, Vendor Solution Assessments, building differentiated Leidos solutions and deploying them to pilot customers.
Key Responsibilities include
- Documenting the Solution Evaluation Criteria (Technical and Non-Technical)
- Gathering Inputs from various stakeholders on the business problem / objective
- Acquiring sign off on the solution assessment criteria
- Determining the best assessment method
- Documentation / Demo Review
- Technical Deep Dive Assessment
- Proof Of Concept applying Leidos specific use case and configuration
- Performing the Solution Assessment
- Identify products / solutions in the market that address the defined problem / objective
- Engaging the vendors identified and facilitating reviews / participations etc
- Assessing the solutions against the defined criteria
- Recommending the preferred solution and documenting the rationale
- Supporting the development of the business case for any corporate investments required throughout the process
- Background as a System Engineer / Software Engineer or Technical Architect
- Performing Solution Trade Assessments
- Capturing technical requirements and defining evaluation criteria
- Developing and maintaining vendor relationships
- Engaging industry vendors
- Designing / building solutions using COTS products
- Desirable experience in the Health industry
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering outcomes
- Resilient with the ability to find innovative ways around against road blocks
- Enthusiasm and curiosity to explore and pick up new technologies and concepts
- Can work in an iterative way starting with ambiguity and loosely structured requirements
- Thrive in fast paced, high change environments
- Can work independently
- Refined presentation and communication skills with ability to tailor message to the audience
- College Degree in engineering or relevant industry certification. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- BS degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 - 13 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.