Leidos has an opening for a Systems Engineering team member to support the Theater Mission Planning Center (TMPC) Program. The successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle with a particular focus on fielding and logistics associated with system deployment.
The candidate will focused on evaluating the impact of Engineering Change Proposals to the Logistics Plans and Schedules. The successful candidate will be able to communicate with the different segments of the larger engineering team to understand impacts and work with the government IPT lead to modify and develop logistics action plans.
The candidate will work with government stakeholders, and Leidos engineers to understand requirements, goals and objectives associated with the fielding and deployment of the TMPC system. The ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and mission-focused environment is a must.
PRIMARY FOCUS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support planning and integration in a DoD Systems Engineering Environment. Work with team to provide updates and implement.
- Utilize Engineering Change Proposals and Configuration Management tools and techniques to perform system testing and quality assurance.
- Work with Government stakeholders to understand the customers programmatic goals and objectives and evaluate the options for best practices and allocation of requirements.
- BS degree and 2 to 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years
- Excellent verbal and written communication applied to customer forums.
- Experience working in a DoD Systems Engineering Environment
- Experience with Engineering Change Proposals and Configuration Management tools and techniques
- Experience working with Government stakeholders and working to understand programmatic goals and objectives
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
INCOSE ASEP Certification
Experience with the Tomahawk Weapons System
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.