Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. EACH DAY MATTERS!
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Database Administrator to provide SQL and PostgreSQL support to Agile DevOps software development and to IT mission critical systems. The DBA will perform database administrator tasks including monitoring user access and security, monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users, mapping out the conceptual design for a planned database, refining the logical design, installing and testing new versions, and refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements and conduct capacity planning
- Act as the SME and provide best practice recommendations for SQL and PostgreSQL
- Provide SQL infrastructure engineering to include database architecture maintenance, database upgrades, server configurations, and application configurations.
- Install, configure, and manage multiple SQL server environments with high availability and disaster recovery, to include monitoring, analysis, reporting, and data warehouse services and solutions
- Architect and design the configuration and operation of SQL platforms on all environments.
- Ensure proper integration of SQL with applications to include but not limited to SharePoint, Active Directory, etc…
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Work closely with IT Project Managers and Software Developers
- Communicate with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- Commissioning and installing new applications and customizing existing applications
- Support on-call activities as needed
- Clearance Required to be considered for this role is a Top Secret
- 5+ years of experience administering, patching, performance tuning and securing PostrgeSQL database
- Preferred 3+ year administering Microsoft SQL Server
- 4+ years of AWS RDS management experience
- Experience with scripting using Ansible, Python or similar dynamic languages
- Must have excellent communications and documentation skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to effectively troubleshoot, resolve, or escalate problems
- Experience in Federal Grants Management is a plus
- BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- Active TS
- Oracle Database Administrator Certifications a plus
- Relevant AWS certification preferred
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.