The incumbent shall have comprehensive knowledge of software engineering principles, policies and practices; experience in software development, documentation and maintenance of large real-time air defense systems; and, familiarity with current RSAF systems.
- Perform analysis and resolution of Software Trouble Reports (STRs) and proposed enhancements related to the following software:
- Applications and Applications Tech
- Adaptation Data Systems (ADS)
- Air-defense and telling
- Multi-Purpose Display (MPC)
- Data Center gateway (DCG)
- Develop and maintain software source code, databases, tools, and interfaces with related systems and system platforms related to Applications and Applications Tech software, ADS software, air-defense and telling software, MPC software, VRCS software, and DCG software.
- Implement and maintain air defense related build and build tools software, including initiating, monitoring, and troubleshooting all system builds and designing and developing build tool enhancements.
- Perform all aspects of this maintenance in conformance with established processes and procedures as documented in RSAF 171 series manuals, CDRLs, CSWPs, etc.
- Updates to software related documentation including RSAF 171 series manuals and SOPs
- Develop and conduct software tests to ensure that the software and requirements agree.
- Develop and conduct regression tests to ensure that software changes have produced desired result without degradation in other areas.
- Document test plans, procedures, and results in accordance with established standards and procedures (CDRLs, SOW, RSAF 171, CSWP, etc.).
- Prepare and conducts special tests for demonstration/verification of new software capabilities.
- Provide OJT when required by the RSAF.
- BA/BS and ten (10) years of directly related experience OR fifteen (15) years of directly related experience with proper certification(s). Experience in developing and maintaining the software that is used on the current RSAF C2 System is mandatory.
- 7+ years’ experience in software development, documentation and maintenance, with 3+ years in developing software, including adaptation data software, of large real-time air defense systems.
- Experience in air defense industry, including experience using modern system analysis and design methodologies and air defense related software documentation and development, a knowledge of requirements tracking and management, and a knowledge of system architecture of large, real-time systems are required, as well as a broad knowledge of the system and a hardware background in radar, communications, displays, human-machine interfaces, computers.
- Experience with Data Center Gateway (DCG) software
- Knowledge of C and C++ languages
- CCNA, CCNP certificate
- Familiarity with the Peace Shield Common Software Process (CSWP), Software Engineering Notebook (SEN) and Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) practice and procedures.
- Prior experience at a military Field Grade Officer level
- Arabic language proficiency.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5,000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.