The Civil Group has an opening for a Telecommunications - Network and Security Manager to join our Enterprise IT Modernization team in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina. The manager will provide technical expertise regarding EPA network and security requirements for WAN/LAN and security services.
MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN A SECRET CLEARANCE; DUE TO CONTRACT REQUIREMENTS, U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
- Provide technical expertise and assist with network integration and consolidation efforts across multiple systems environments.
- Addresses and resolves technical problems of moderate complexity relating to the installation and upgrade of network hardware and systems.
- Interface with customers, vendors and technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements.
- Engineer/implement technical solutions from a cradle to grave technical approach.
- Assist/train engineers on new technologies to better the organizations technical expertise
- Understanding of software automation tools and ability to incorporate programming languages to do the repetitious tasks.
- Document engineering standards, supports the development of network architecture and engineering designs and changes.
- Assist in evaluating current and emerging technologies, conducts technical assessments and makes recommendation to senior engineers.
- Experience designing, developing, managing, and optimizing complex WAN/LAN communication environments similar in size and scope (~20k end users)
- Leads a team to monitor, assess, troubleshoot, and optimize network performance for a federal customer
- Demonstrated experience operating and designing a network using routing protocols MPLS and MTIPS, IPSEC VPN.
- Demonstrated experience performing compliance and vulnerability testing.
- Demonstrated experience making recommendations for leveraging network installations and reducing operation costs.
- Conducts firewall configuration/maintenance
- Plans, implements, and maintains network-related products such as routers, switches, VPNs, and firewalls
- Bachelor's degree in related field and at least 12 years' experience managing an enterprise IT service delivery and application management similar in size, scope, and complexity to the requirements of this TOR.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) professional certifications.
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- Maintain configuration control of development, staging, and production environments, including configuration records, and report on the environments’ configuration sufficiently to keep the EPA TPOC informed of any changes proposed or planned.
- Manage implementation of new requirements via the present Telecommunication Service Request (TSR) process, operate the Network Control Facility
Due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.