The Civil Group has an opening for a Middleware/Applications Manager to join our Enterprise IT Modernization team in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina. The Middleware/Applications Manager will serve as the technical expert of NCC’s application platform and development solutions across multiple technologies. The Middleware/Applications Manager will manage effective operations to meet the demands of the EPA systems and workforce.
Leidos will operate, manage and support all application platforms, and environments operated by the OITO. Operations, management and technical support include communications, assessments, deployments, upgrades, planning, testing, documentation, coordination, operations, monitoring, and maintenance. Each application platform is managed by a Government NCC application platform manager, and the Middleware/Applications Manager will be expected to provide updates, status and reports to the platform manager and EPA TPOC.
Must be able to pass a Public Trust background investigation; due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Operate and manage development, staging, and production servers for each application platform.
- Resolve problems and faults arising in the environments, to the extent possible within the Leidos ability (e.g., problems with the configuration settings of an environment under the control of the Leidos, rather than its underlying product coding that is not accessible to the contractor).
- Maintain configuration control of development, staging, and production environments, including configuration records, and report on the environments’ configuration sufficiently to keep the EPA TPOC informed of any changes proposed or planned.
- Maintain continuity of middleware/applications operations and DR capabilities.
- Coordinate with infrastructure and participate in DR tests.
- Install and configure new releases of the application platforms in accordance with government’s policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and at least 12 years' experience managing a large scale enterprise IT service delivery and application management.
- Experience managing and upgrading large scale and complex IT application platforms.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with customer stakeholders to operate and enhance application management to align with client business portfolios and service level requirements.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex application platforms and developing scalable enterprise technology strategies.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Familiarity with geospatial and remote sensing applications.
- Experience Managing Scaled Agile (SAFe) environments is a plus
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.