The Leidos Innovation Center (LInC) Advanced Analytics team has an opening for a Researcher Scientist/Engineer with a background in software development and quantum technologies / quantum information to work in Arlington, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping grow the Leidos quantum technologies portfolio of contract and internal R&D projects, benchmarking, and operational prototypes.
Fun stuff you will do on this job:
• Applying quantum technologies to help execute research and development programs in information sciences, information operations, data sciences, sensor systems, and space systems among others
• Working within matrix organization to provide software engineering support of operationalizing state-of-the-art algorithms into different internal and contract R&D projects.
• Provide support in task decomposition for our internal and contract R&D projects and help the project Principal Investigators manage task execution. Customers are DOD including DARPA, IARPA, and service R&D labs.
• Conduct research spikes for analytical prototype development and benchmarking custom metrics; then, create and execute plan to operationalize prototype into contract and internal R&D projects.
This is you:
• Advanced degree in physics, computer science or a related discipline. A PhD is highly desirable with 6 years software engineering experience building and benchmarking software prototypes, to include metrics development
• Strong technical writing skills with experience in writing advanced technical proposals
• Provide business development support to help grow Arlington Branch’s project portfolio
• DoD Secret Security Clearance with ability to obtain and maintain a Polygraph security clearance
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Experience researching quantum sensing and/or quantum information technology
• Experience with cloud-based architectures and container orchestration
• Experience operationalizing machine learning and/or autonomy, and analytical capabilities
• Experience and domain knowledge related to data processing
• Experience with big data applications
• Experience with microservice architectures
• DoD Top Secret Clearance
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.