Description: We are looking for an experienced Supplier Quality Professional to implement tools and processes to ensure Leidos’ key suppliers and Contract Manufacturers have robust plans to deliver first time quality. The person will investigate, evaluate, and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects. The Supplier Quality Engineer will conduct capability assessments that verify supplier qualifications, travel to assigned suppliers, and lead multiple projects to completion. You must be a self-starting problem solver who will utilize your analytical skills to find innovative solutions to quality-related issues. Strong communication skills are required to ensure suppliers understand requirements, expectations; make progress reports and present findings.
Supplier Quality Engineering (80%):
- Manage the Contract Manufacturer quality to deliver products that are in compliance to manufacturing process.
- Utilize supplier Scorecards/metrics and analytical tools to quantify performance levels of individual suppliers and work with those suppliers to develop improvement plans to achieve quality performance goals.
- Evaluate the impact of non-conforming product and assess suppliers' corrective action robustness in order to ensure strong and permanent countermeasures.
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers to eliminate recurrence of non-conformances and drive "Zero Defect" mentality within the supply base.
- Perform Source Inspection of product at supplier locations
- Perform and Evaluate First Article Inspections as well as train suppliers to meet system expectations.
- Perform process audits to ensure that the Supplier’s QMS is maintained and process improvements are sustained
Material Review Board (20%):
- Lead MRB process and review of suspect parts
- Drive corrective actions with suppliers as needed
- Identify trends in parts quality
- 4+ years of experience in Manufacturing and/or Supplier Quality
- Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems and ISO9001:2015
- The ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and quickly resolve quality problems with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity
- Experience in project management
- Solid organizational skills, ability to work and interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
Possess knowledge and experience with the manufacturing, inspection, and acceptance of Electro-mechanical systems and/or Printed Circuit Boards of varying complexities.
- Direct knowledge of Manufacturing processes and supply chain logistics from raw material to finished goods
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with interpersonal skills to partner, collaborate and build relationships with business partners
- Proficient in data analysis and reporting
- Familiar with Six-Sigma, SPC, and/ or Lean methodologies (certification in either is a plus)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.