Description: We are looking for a Manufacturing Quality Engineer who will maintain the Quality Management System (QMS) processes related to design and manufacturing activities while ensuring conformance to customer requirements. You must be a self-starting problem solver who will utilize your analytical skills to find innovative solutions to quality-related issues. In this role, you will support the production of Aviation Security Screening systems.
• Identify opportunities for improvement in manufacturing quality, optimization, and process standardization at our Vista, CA manufacturing facility
• Through defect analysis of customer and installation team feedback, work to review, categorize, and investigate and resolve manufacturing defects
• Develop and lead corrective actions for CARs
• Engineering Changes and Deviations review and authorization
• Perform configuration and Pre-FAT validation (PSQA), testing, acceptance
• Perform process audits to ensure that implemented process improvements are successful and being followed.
• Establish critical-to-quality production metrics
• Update procedures in accordance with developed manufacturing improvements.
• Provide engineering support for assigned projects
• Support QMS and documented procedures
• 4+ years of experience in Manufacturing or Quality Assurance
• Experienced in quality inspection systems and methods of identifying production non-conformances
• Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems and ISO9001:2015
• Ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and quickly resolve quality problems with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity
• Experience in project management
• Solid organizational skills, ability to work and interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
• Possess knowledge and experience with the manufacturing, inspection, and acceptance of Electro-mechanical systems and/or Printed Circuit Boards of varying complexities.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with interpersonal skills to partner, collaborate and build relationships with business partners
• Proficient in data analysis and reporting
• Familiar with Six-Sigma, SPC, and/ or Lean methodologies (certification in either is a plus)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.