Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense team is seeking a Network Administrator to support an important mission for our defense customer. Work will be performed on customer site in Ft Huachuca, AZ and an Interim Secret Clearance is required to begin work on the program.
• Ensure the organization's Wide Area Network (WAN) infrastructure and related systems are well maintained, and operate reliably and securely.
• Perform regular systems and security monitoring, provisioning, troubleshooting, and issue resolution.
• Perform administration, operations, maintenance, and support of WAN infrastructure, routers, firewalls, Ethernet switches and related systems.
• Follow relevant processes, procedures, and standards.
• Provide technical support related to assigned systems within their organization and to outside customers as needed.
• Handle patches and upgrades to ensure that systems are maximally efficient, effective, and secure
• May provide support and guidance to junior network staff.
• Installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and support of Cisco Internetworking Devices.
• Installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and support of Juniper Internetworking Devices.
• Standard Routing Protocols, i.e. EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, etc.
• TCP/IP ports, protocols, and subnetting.
• Network fundamentals.
• Basic network services such as, DNS, DHCP, NTP, and LDAP.
• Cybersecurity fundamentals.
• IT Industry terminology.
• Advanced troubleshooting and problem solving techniques.
• Excellent oral and written communication.
• High School Diploma and 4 years of direct, relevant professional work experience or an Associate’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or related field from a nationally accredited educational institution and 2 years of direct, relevant professional work experience or a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or related field from a nationally accredited educational institution.
• Must hold active DoD Secret Clearance prior to start.
• Must be available to participate in a 24 x 7 shift rotation.
Required Professional certifications:
• Prior to start of employment you MUST possess one (1) professional certification identified in DISA IASE IAT Level II DoD 8570.01 Approved Baseline.
• Within 60 days of start of employment you must obtain one (1) professional certification identified in DISA IASE CSSP Infrastructure Support DoD 8570.01 Approved Baseline.
• Within 180 days of start of employment you must obtain one (1) Computing Environment certification identified on the RCC-C CE Requirements List. CCENT or higher, CCNA Preferred.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.