Leidos is seeking a Deputy Program Manager to support the Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) domain on the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract. SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy, delivering the core backbone of NMCI, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service.
The Deputy Program Manager will directly support the NMCI Senior Program Manager, serving as a core member of the program leadership team. The ideal candidate will support customer meetings and timely submission of deliverables to the government customer, assist with internal risk boards, subcontracts and contractual requirements, facilitate discussions with members of the transition and program teams to ensure progress, support data management and metrics reporting, and assist in the oversight of the operational environment. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of project management processes inclusive of risk identification and mitigation, change, and cost and schedule management. In this position, the Deputy Program Manager will need to exhibit strong leadership, teamwork and motivational skills, as well as effective issue resolution, and the ability to work with program and functional teams to drive tasks to closure.
- Coordinate transition tasks with the NMCI Senior Program Manager and Transition team, inclusive of meeting management, action tracking, and task assignment and tracking
- Lead and support customer and internal meetings, inclusive of agenda development and management
- On behalf of the Program Manager, coordinate efforts associated with risk, subcontracts, change and contractual management
- Support the management of the NMCI Estimate-at-Complete; working directly with finance to ensure cost performance
- Assist with the management of the Integrated Master Schedule; validating progress updates with the scheduler and team
- Serve as a liaison between NMCI Operations, Engineering, and Contractor Proposed Solution teams
- Provide oversight of program deliverables, responsible for working with the program CDRL lead to ensure a successful delivery
- Support the development of internal and external briefings inclusive of program execution reviews, and executive meetings
- Review cost reports and invoices, identifying anomalies, and executing corrective actions to ensure accuracy
- Participate in customer meetings, effectively communicating program status and request clarification on issues when needed
- Coordinate the compilation of program documentation inclusive of work instructions, management plans, and directives
- Provide oversight of program staffing requirements, working with assigned Resource Managers to support efficient hiring
- Work with highly technical teams to report status and assist with other support tasks
- Actively engage with functional support teams to ensure customer and Leidos requirements are met
- Assist with quality assurance efforts, inclusive of ISSO audits and CMMI certifications
- Ability to effectively communicate and manage assignment progress to meet deadlines
- Support business development activities as they pertain to the program
- Other duties as required
- BA degree and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 13+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Exhibit leadership qualities required to coordinate and lead meetings to drive progress
- Prior leadership experience, managing direct reports, as well as functional staff
- Experience performing internal process audits; monitor/track corrective actions; monitor process implementation; perform process checks on internal procedures; review contract deliverables
- Ability to maintain discretion associated with staffing and cost requirements
- Experience with Program/Project Management principles and concepts (WBS, PWS, IMS, RACI, Risk Management)
- Ability to utilize MS Office Products to develop and maintain program documentation and CDRL’s
- Strong analysis skills, with the ability to identify and improve documentation to support the PMO and Technical Teams
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Prior experience with Leidos Program Execution requirements, inclusive of Management Reviews and Integrated Product Reviews
- Currently maintains an active PMP certification
- Ability to support proposals, coordinating with corporate and program personnel to deliver a corporate-approved proposal
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to succinctly communicate ideas
- US citizenship and currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance
- Ability to obtain a DoD TOP SECRET security clearance
- Intimate knowledge of Enterprise IT functions
- Prior experience working with EAC’s to analyze cost implications
- Prior experience supporting transition efforts, with a general understanding of incumbent capture
- Experience with tools such as Microsoft Visio, and PowerBi
- Prior experience with Navy programs
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Pay Range:Pay Range $120,250.00 - $185,000.00 - $249,750.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.