Leidos is hiring a Test Automation Engineer in Baltimore, MD. We are looking for a skilled automation engineer whose duties include designing and developing test automation for our applications. The test automation engineers' duties include designing automation scripts and finding solutions for automation problems. The successful candidate will be part of cross-functional team responsible for the test automation of various ongoing as well as new applications development life cycle, from conception to deployment. The successful test automation engineer should be exceptionally accurate and possess a sharp logical aptitude. The test automation engineer should be proficient in the Java programming language with functional knowledge of the page based design framework and have excellent time management skills.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Designing test strategies, test plans, and test cases from requirements, design documents and specifications for testing across different platforms (client/server, cloud) and with an emphasis on automation
- Define, develop and implement software/systems testing standards and procedures and oversee testing across SDLC keeping automation around it.
- Design and develop Java test automation scripts using Selenium or Katalon and J-Meter within the ECLIPSE/MAVEN framework around a set of system requirements
- Generate test reports for each thread that reflect pass/fail status for each test execution
- Collaborate with team members to refine the product backlog items
- Identifying regression test candidates for automation, planning automation activities across the team and automating test cases.
- Test case authoring and holding test case reviews with stakeholders.
- Execution of test cases including functional, regression, exploratory, performance, load and smoke tests for both web applications and database.
- Reporting defects, tracking, validating and closing.
- Recording test results and reporting them.
- Participation in daily scrum meetings, agile ceremonies and weekly test team meetings.
- Participate in all phases of software development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and automation.
- Providing innovative solutions for more efficient testing strategy.
- Support UAT activities
- Automation of functional, regression, and performance acceptance tests
- Detail oriented testing by methodically applying automation, which address suitable solution of automation for our applications.
- Perform all QA activities to improve product quality, work closely with the team (developers, analysts, customer, operation, etc.) to deliver
- Will have complete responsibility to enhance end-to-end automated test coverage
- Participate in sprint planning and work closely with the Scrum team to analyze requirements and provide necessary test automation recommendations
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 7+ years’ experience in software development
- Must include 4+ years of automation testing experience including designing and implementing of an automation testing framework, developing automation test scripts, developing step definitions and feature files etc.
- Experience with Selenium test tool
- Expertise developing Unit Tests (Junit and testNG, JMockit, Mockito)
- Experience with Postman, SoapUI, ReadyAPI and/or similar tools
- Experience in Gherkin and Cucumber BBD
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Behavior Driven Development
- Experience with Katalon and have worked in CI/CD pipeline for auto test executions
- Experience in automation of API Testing
- Experience in UI testing automation
- Working knowledge of Maven, and Jenkins, SVN
- Ability to analyze and fix SonarQube bugs
- Experience with Agile development principles and methodology
- AWS Cloud DevOps experience
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence
- Knowledge of the Zehpyr JIRA plug-in
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.