Leidos has an opening for a Biometrics Field Service Engineer Germany, supporting a high profile program to provide operations, maintenance, and associated support for all devices associated with the system. These services shall focus on supporting the Warfighter needs by sustaining adequate support functions. The program is an established Identity Management and Collection solution that has led the effort to identify foes in the War on Terror. The position level of effort is eight hours per day, five days per week – i.e., 40 hours per week. There will be occasional travel to other sites in Europe.
The successful candidate will provide critical system administration, operations and maintenance, and technical support services for the US Army on the system, including servers, laptops, and handheld collection platforms; to include planning, operation, optimization, security administration, and maintenance. Individual must be self-motivated and able to handle daily tasks on their own with little supervision.
Provides expert and second tier technical support and analysis to field engineers and technicians. Provides technical advice and guidance on installation, adaptation, configuration or enhancement of Company technical products, programs and systems. Tests, trains and fields support to customers regarding technical aspects of designated systems and services. Provides expertise for the resolution of technical problems, troubleshoots products and modifies products to customer requirements. Maintains network stability through advanced troubleshooting, timely resolution of incidents, and proactive maintenance to provide the maximum availability and optimal Mean Time To Repair. Provides training to customers. Travel is frequent and work is generally performed at the customer site. Reviews system and network configurations to ensure successful implementation of services into production. Provides expert and second tier technical support for the installation and repair of complex systems and outages. Partners with developers and engineers to reduce re-occurring incidents. Provides consultative assistance during off hours as needed. Senior level knowledge of designated systems. Answers questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization and usage of designated systems and services. Applies senior diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct common failures.
Assist the Warfighter with daily system tasks, including the following:
• General systems and database operations, administration, maintenance, documentation, and reporting.
• Customer interaction in response to reported problems, defining requirements and user training requests.
• System start-up, initialization, and shut down
• Software patch implementation and testing and system maintenance checks and repairs
• Security checks of daily logs
• Daily operation of servers, including email servers and web servers
• LAN administration and coordination with WANs
• Network security functions IAW the System Security Authorization Agreement (SSAA)
• Database transaction reconciliation
• Database administration, including extracting data for reporting purposes
• Implementing system upgrades, including planning, scheduling, testing, and coordinating and managing system network availability.
• Implement IA patches, including QA and QC checks
• Manage server and database applications and user accounts
• Identification and resolution of network connectivity issues, software and hardware upgrades, and general maintenance of laptops, servers and peripherals.
• Collaboration and coordination with outside organizations will be periodically necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
• Must have an Active DoD Secret clearance
• Baccalaureate degree and a minimum of 4+ years of experience or a Master’s Degree and 2+ years of experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of systems administration or relevant IT experience, with a proven ability to troubleshoot hardware, networking, SQL Server and Windows operating systems.
• Currently possess DoD 8570 at the IAT level II, consisting of 2 or more of the following: Security+ CE, GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), A+ Essentials, Network +, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), or any other CE certificate approved by DoD 8570 at the IAT level II profile.
• Proven ability to create scripts for system administration/setup, examine firewalls and ports to identify and fix communication issues, perform database maintenance, ensure data integrity and track hardware locations.
• Ability to formally present materials in understandable and intelligible formats; in both stand-up instruction and written arrangements. Be able to effectively measure student progress and provide constructive feedback.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of PCs and all programs included in the Microsoft Office application suite.
• Working knowledge of programming languages in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic or Visual C#, Web Administration (IIS), and software and hardware test procedures.
• Military and/or national intelligence background with a clear understanding of the military structure, mission and responsibilities.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.