This role designs and develops methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze big data in both structured and unstructured formats. It develops and uses advanced data science algorithms and query techniques to model complex business problems and to automate the cleansing, integration, and analysis of datasets for mission needs. It actively engages with mission users, analyzing requirements and evaluating new data science-oriented technologies for capabilities to include Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, predictive modeling, statistical analysis and hypothesis testing. Further, it works closely with users to develop and prototype new data science capabilities prior to enterprise adoption. It supports mission users by providing statistical knowledge in analyzing and interpreting ad hoc queries.
Telework is possible, but varies on project.
- Experience applying expert domain knowledge of data science algorithms, techniques, and methodologies.
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics
- 5+ years experience with Python, R, or another scientific programming language.
- Expert knowledge in one or more data science libraries such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.
- Experience negotiating complex scenarios and challenges and devising courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes.
- Experience leading critical objectives where decision making is of utmost concern to the outcome.
- Experience supervising mid-level data scientists and developers.
- Experience with AWS/C2S services
- Candidate must have BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.