Leidos is seeking an electronic instrumentation engineer to be a member of the Counter WMD Weapons and Capabilities Systems Engineering and Integration Team. As a member of the SE&I Team, you will assist in the development and execution of research and development into improved instrumentation, as well as instrumentation plans in support of a variety of weapon systems designed to counter the threat of WMDs.
- Develop and design instrumentation plans for tests of explosive, incendiary, and other types of weapon systems for use in counter WMD applications.
- Conduct research and development into improved instrumentation concepts.
- Recover data from data acquisition systems, analyze data, and draw conclusions.
- Active Top Secret clearance, with ability to obtain TS/SCI.
- Background in counter WMD or conventional weapon testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or a related discipline.
- Extensive knowledge of test instrumentation to include pressure and strain gages, thermocouples and other temperature measurement devices, IR cameras, and optical cameras.
- Extensive knowledge of data acquisition systems.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experience with statistical analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4 or more years of related experience
- Graduate degree in electrical engineering or a related discipline.
- Experience with LIDAR applications.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$4,000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.