The Linux System Administrator for Cross Domain Services (CDS) contributes to the sustainment and evolution of multiple cross domain solutions that are based on Linux and Windows platforms. These CDS solutions must meet a 99%+ service level availability (24x7x365) requirement, so a qualified candidate must also have experience with high availability solutions. This position also requires the application of expertise on multiple complex work scripting, development, and work-around assignments that may be broad in nature and require originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Qualified candidates will have appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems and contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Active monitoring and sustaining the operations of a large number of geographically distributed Linux-based CDS solutions to meet service level agreements. This is to include patching, debugging, and the creation of workaround solutions.
- Incident response management for the CDS solutions.
- Interface with federal personnel to communicate SLA metrics and remediation of incidents.
- Scripting and possible software development to automate Operations and Maintenance.
- Potential development of sensors to accelerate the detection of failed systems.
- Assist in documenting security compliance actions within the approved automated compliance tracking system or assist in developing a Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) to address non-compliance in the allotted timeframe.
- Participate in the development and evaluation of new CDS solutions and technology as part of a larger team.
- Development of documentation for operations, sustainment, and user guides.
- Development of Linux scripts to handle FTP transfers.
- Requires a BS degree or equivalent experience and 4+ years of prior relevant experience. In lieu of a degree 8+ years of experience may be substituted.
- Ability to obtain a DHS Suitability or EOD.
- Ability to learn and develop expertise with new technologies.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and able to adapt quickly to change.
- Good writing and verbal presentation skills.
- Existing TS/SCI clearance with DHS or another federal entity.
- Python scripting / programming experience a plus.
- Windows and PowerShell experience a plus.
- Working towards a STEM related Bachelor's degree with 90 or more credits or recent college graduate within a STEM discipline.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.