Leidos is seeking a Senior System Administrator Lead to support efforts for SMIT; the successful candidate will be responsible for performing enterprise network operations and engineering support for a broad range of programs including planning, designing, and evaluating various components of the Navy’s NMCI network on the NGEN-R Service Management, Integration and Transport (SMIT) program. NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
Coordinate the operational support and implementation activities for Local Area Network (LAN), Base Area Network (BAN), and Wide Area Network (WAN) service offerings encompassing heterogeneous platforms. Assist Government in determining tactical and strategic direction of the organization as it relates to emerging operational support technologies. Research, analyze, and recommend new operational support technologies, tools, and techniques. Coach others on the application of new operational support technologies. Review distributed computing and network designs to select appropriate operational support strategies and ensure efficient use of resources. Conduct system support design and performance evaluation reviews. Identify, develop, and update operational support standards and procedures. Participate with corporate strategic planning teams. Keep abreast of emerging operational support technologies and industry trends. Recommend price/performance improvement opportunities. Must possess an Operating System (OS)/Application Certification.
- Lead a multi-location, cross-functional team of IT and Engineering professionals to deliver Print, Scan, Network Servers, and Network Accounts and Services.
- Lead server infrastructure and migration project upgrades of Print and Network servers.
- Assists with the development and application of business processes to ensure appropriate service levels
- Develop and implement standards, procedures, and processes.
- Participate in strategic network and operations planning
- Work within the DevSecOps methodology to plan and support implementation of new technologies
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Cybersecurity, Information Security, IT, EE, Network Engineering, Computer Science, or related field or related experience.
- Requires 10 – 12 years of prior relevant experience
- US Citizen and DoD Secret Clearance
- 8570 (IAT) II
- Must possess at least two of the following certifications:
- CompTIA SEC+ CE
- Scaled Agile Framework Practitioner (SAFe)
- Microsoft Certified Professionl (MCP),
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Hands-on Experience in working with DoD networks, including NIPR, SIPR, and PPSN.
- Direct delivery experience
- NGEN first generation experience managing a central delivery of IT services for including: NOC operations, SOC operations, Cyber operations, messaging, systems, transport, storage, backup and restore and incident management
- IT contract transition experience
- Demonstrated experience running a DevOps organization
- Familiarity within the DevSecOps framework with the engineering and security teams to test new network design
- Experience planning implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the very large enterprise service organizations
- Experience to advise senior program leaders and stakeholders of hardware requirements, configurations and limitations
- Ability to maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing.
- Expertise in develop and implement new technologies to enhance capabilities of the enterprise
- Willing to periodically work with the shift operations to coach, mentor and teach them
- Demonstrated hands-on expertise networking technologies and data centers
- Demonstrated experience migrating to Cloud environments
- Exceptional communication abilities, both verbal and written, including long-form business writing on complex topics
- Proven ability to work with and influence mangers of other service support models and supporting teams
- Ability to manage globally distributed 24x7 operations to include short-notice travel in response to emerging operational issues
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to drive innovation independently; have a passion to improve at every opportunity
- Proven able to credibly coordinate between technical teams and business stakeholders
- Ability to define program goals and roadmaps based on customer needs and strategic direction, and ensure that committed projects are delivered on schedule by the relevant team members
- Ability to lead and work in a matrix organization and communicate effectively with peers, subordinates and program leadership
- Experience working with ITIL processes and/or ITIL Foundation V3/4 certification
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.