No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Technical & Non-Technical Training Opportunities
- Leadership Opportunities
- Mentorship & Training Opportunities
- Opportunity to Lead, Grow, and Inspire a Dynamic Team
In this role, you can also expect to gain:
- NESC expertise
- Interface with local clients
- Electrical Power Calculations
- Interactions with other disciplines(Substation, Protection & Controls, and Civil Structural)
- Strategic Development
- Expanding a Portfolio of Business
- Partnering with a Variety of Utility Clients Nationwide
We have an Entry Level Associate Engineer position located in our Portland, OR location. The Associate Engineer will be responsible for design and planning related activities associated with electric transmission, distribution and substation facilities. This includes preparation of single-lines, schematics, and wiring designs for substations, as well as preparation of system models for load, fault, and protection analysis. Responsibilities will also include preparation of studies and reports for transmission and distribution systems.
• Project scope development
• Relay One Line design
• Three Line AC schematic design
• DC protection schematic design
• Panel layout and wiring design
• Develop Bill of Materials based on design criteria
• Complete project lifecycle support from scoping to final design and implementation
• Construction Support
• Applying the minimum requirements of the National Electrical Safety Code to the design processes
• Working with client standards to implement design
• Working with a designer/drafter to create the required drawings for each project
Successful candidates must comply with quality control and safe work practices and maintain compliance with project scope, schedule and budget. This position will be a member of a design team comprised of engineers, designers, and CAD technicians and will work with client standards to implement design
Required Education & Experience:
• B.S. in Electrical, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering
• Entry level engineer experience with 1+ year of experience with either internships and coops, and/or course work with electric utility design preferred
• Engineer Intern (“”EI” or “EIT”) professional certification preferred
• Knowledge of substation design and protective relaying a plus
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure situations
• Team player who can work effectively in team environment
• Self-starter who work independently with minimal direction
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required when interfacing with clients and staff
• Detail oriented
• Strong analytical skills and proven problem solver in both team and independent environments
• High level of computer competency
• Willingness to travel to project and/or client sites
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.