Leidos Maritime System Solutions (MSS) is seeking to hire a Test and Evaluation Engineer, specializing in testing of underwater acoustic sensor systems, to join our project team supporting the Naval Information Warfare Center in San Diego, CA. The successful candidate will join a growing, fast-paced research, development, testing and evaluation team responsible for the manufacture and testing of various electro-mechanical devices used for both subsea and surface applications. Work will involve both prototype and production systems.
This position will require the candidate to obtain and hold a Secret Clearance. A currently held Secret or Top Secret clearance is a significant plus.
- Will support the continued development and testing of lightweight undersea acoustic sensor systems
- Will design, maintain and oversee the execution of test and evaluation activities, processes and procedures for these sensor systems
- Duties will include preparation of test articles and equipment, onsite operation of tests, and documenting test execution
- Will analyze, interpret and document test results in appropriate test reports
- Will work with a small team of technicians and engineers to meet future sensor requirements
- Experience with electronic test equipment
- Documentation and document management skills
- Programming skills, C /C++, C#, and Python
- Experience with Unix-like operating systems
- Knowledge and/or experience with underwater acoustics is a plus
- Circuit testing, and Altium Designer experience is a plus
- Proficiency in MATLAB, LabView, and Measurement Studio is a plus
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to work in small groups
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong software troubleshooting skills
- Hardware troubleshooting skills a plus Marine / Shipboard experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.