Leidos Civil Transportation Solutions Operation at Leidos has an opening for an energetic and detail oriented JAVA Developer who will support the FAA-led modernization of America's air transportation system. These innovative and transformative technologies are shaping a modern, resilient, and secure National Airspace System.
JAVA Developer Responsibilities:
• Provide full SDLC development with JAVA technology
• Understand coding standards and implement them within code being developed
• Troubleshoot problems and provide solutions
• Communicate with the users to determine problems or design requirements
• Should have ability to lead team and project and deliver on timely manner.
• Document changes and follow the Systems Development Life Cycle process independently.
• Willing to learn and adopted new technologies in short period of time as required by the Project.
• Design solutions for complex projects.
• Coordinate with the customer to review software application requirements and
• Develop technical solutions and architectural design for enhancements
• Participate in Backlog grooms and at time lead a Feature: elaborating it to smaller user stories and present it to team during backlog groom.
• Participate and commit to the User Stories assigned in the Sprint
• Perform risk analysis design, mock-up, document, unit testing, system testing, Code review and support demonstration to User and deployment of Feature to Production.
• Support newer members of the team and support them to learn FAA domain and tools/technologies used on the Program.
• Perform as the Scrum Master as need arises.
• Complete FAA compliance training needs as required by Customer.
• Responsible for GFE and ensuring that IDE tools are updated regularly and functioning properly.
• Requires a Bachelor’s of Science degree Computer Science/ Computer Engineering/ Information Systems/Information Technology or related Field and 4+ years of Java/JEE experience or Master’s degree with 2+ years of relevant experience.
• Hands on experience: Analyze and identify test cases both automated and written scripts including generating test data and performing data validation, Automated testing, SW development skills, Knowledge of TDD (Test Driven Development)
• Hands on experience of: Design and develop Automated Testing scripts using shell scripts (bash/sh, sed, awk), Selenium, Cucumber, UFT, SoapUI,
• Oracle and Postgres Database usage and access
• Strong working knowledge of: rest services environments such as RESTful APIs and JSON Knowledge of: testing frameworks and tools such as Junit, Mockito, including defect tracking and management
• Hands on experience with: DevOps and CI/CD tools integration - JIRA, Maven, BitBucket, SonarQube, Eclipse, etc.
• Testing frameworks and tools such as Junit, Mockito.
• Agile software development methodology, processes, sprint lifecycle, JIRA, Agile techniques is a must
• Excellent Written and Verbal Communication skills in English.
• Strong analytical skills, self-motivation, and attention to detail.
• Strong work ethic, curiosity, competitive spirit.
• More than a willingness to learn... a desire to be a go to person for upcoming technologies
• Model Driven Development, SysML, UML, Eclipse UML Plugins, Design
• Testing frameworks and tools such as Karma, and Protractor.
• Amazon EC2, Amazon RDS, Elastic Load Balancer, EBS, S3, etc.
• Familiarity with container development using Docker
• FAA format testing and CDRLs delivery
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.