Leidos is seeking an experienced Configuration Management Specialist to maintain and enforce adherence to configuration and data management (CM/DM) procedures and policies by department personnel and supporting contractors. Performs configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new configuration management baseline operating parameters are documented, comply with standard configurations, and are logistically sustainable. May train requirement engineers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of CM quality standards. May provide guidance to less experienced employees. Works with standard commercial software products used for configuration management. The Configuration Management Specialist must have progressive experience in managing configuration of software, engineering documents, design drawings, engineering changes and notices, and planning/conducting design audits to enable ownership of the program technical baseline.
• CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life.
• Works on developmental and operational teams to create and maintain configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.) supporting developmental and operational systems.
• Assist in implementing hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures. Assist in the use of configuration management tools to store, track, and manage configuration items
• Ensure hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures are followed on hardware and software development projects.
• Participates in the CM process by maintaining controlled and versioned documentation in accordance with the program or project CM plan
• Perform enterprise-wide integration and interface analysis with other functional systems
• Uses or recommends automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures.
• Conduct organizational studies and evaluations on project process
• Understand basic concepts, and assist in documenting hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures
• Provides process improvement suggestions towards the program or project CM plan
• Review and analyze the development/sustainment Contractor’s CM program and data deliveries for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
• Maintain CM files including configuration identification, change control, and status accounting records.
• Review the CCB membership list for currency and completeness.
• Convene and manage the Configuration Control Boards (CCBs), Technical Review Boards (TRBs), and record approved changes and results.
• Prepare for, conduct, and/or support major audits such as Physical Configuration Audits (PCAs) and Functional Configuration Audits (FCAs).
• Record and maintain assessment and audit findings, minutes, and action items.
• Report the Development/Sustainment’s data delivery status.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of eight (8) – twelve (12) years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed; additional experience and certifications maybe considered in lieu of education
• Applicants must be a US Citizen
• Must be able to obtain and maintain an DoD Secret clearance
• Develop security guidelines to avoid unauthorized damage or usage of project items.
• Maintain data quality, integrity and security of CM database.
• Prepare configuration documentations and maintain Configuration Management (CM) database.
• Experience performing the technical/administrative activities necessary to manage CM tools for inventory control, version control, data duplication, and media labeling
o Experience with Atlassian Jira, Gitlab or similar collaborative issue tracking tools
o Experience with Atlassian Confluence, Wiki, or similar collaboration tool administration
o Experience with Sharepoint
• Understanding of all phases of the software development life cycle
• Experience producing release notes and CM reports
• Experience performing baseline administrative activities for multiple environments
• Experience developing briefings for management
• Familiar with the Scaled Agile Framework
• Familiarity with CI/CD framework methodologies
• Experience with Git, SVN, or similar tools
• Experience with Cybersecurity principles and impacts to configuration baselines
• Prefer ten (12) years of experience
• An active DoD Secret clearance with the ability to maintain
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.