Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos supporting the National Energy Technology Laboratory is seeking Project Management Coordinator to join our Team. The U.S. Department of Energy’s National Energy Technology Laboratory is a multi-disciplinary, scientific and technical-oriented national laboratory. NETL produces technological solutions for America’s energy challenges. From developing creative innovations and efficient energy systems that make coal more competitive, to advancing technologies that enhance oil and natural gas extraction and transmission processes, NETL research is providing breakthroughs and discoveries that support home-grown energy initiatives, stimulate a growing economy, and improve the health, safety, and security of all Americans. Highly skilled men and women at three NETL research sites – Albany, Ore., Morgantown, W.Va., and Pittsburgh, Pa. – conduct a broad range of research activities that support DOE’s mission to advance the national, economic, and energy security of the United States.
The successful candidate will coordinate project management duties including:
- Provide logistics and technical support for planning and running of multi-National Laboratory meetings and events.
- Develop meeting agendas and moderates meeting.
- Communicate with Laboratory and university point of contacts regularly.
- Work with various NETL groups to solve problems, such as IT for computer access.
- Work on coordination between NETL and the other national labs and universities for quarterly reports.
- Coordinate project webinars including, scheduling, testing, meetings, recording, coordination with multimedia to archive.
- Duties may contribute to establishing and defining program plan requirements, delivery timeline, key performance indicators, including monitoring and reporting performance, to ensure that contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met.
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or a Master's degree and less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Requires practical knowledge of the professional discipline, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- General understanding of industry practices and standards.
- Strong coordination skills while balancing multiple assignments
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written, to obtain or provide information
- Capable of prioritizing tasks while maintaining time management
- Ability to work independently within a team environment
- Multitask and concentrate amid distractions
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft TEAMS, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat
Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
Key Programs and/or Capabilities:
Command & Control
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.