The Leidos Civil group is seeking a mid-level Civil/Construction Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) Team, providing support to the Federal Aviation Administration’s Unstaffed Infrastructure Team (AJW-2C15H).
- Perform assessments of Long Range Radar (LRR) and UIS facilities, review assessments performed by others, identify needs, and consolidate multiple needs into groups of similar needs, so that the number of new Originations required per site is minimized.
- Research existing originations in the CWP and coordinate scopes of new Originations to avoid duplication of projects.
- Coordinate with Systems Support Center (SSC) personnel, Technical Services (TS) National Air Space (NAS) Implementation Program Managers (NIPMs) and Services Area (SA) Requirements Specialists (RSs) to identify needs, confirm that proposed Originations are valid and reflect current needs.
- Coordinate with Services Area (SA) Program Implementation Managers (PIMs) and RSs to resolve potential conflicts between proposed and existing project scopes and schedules.
- Work with the Unstaffed Infrastructure Sustainment (UIS) program office to enhance the capabilities of the UIS Asset Database (UIS AD) as directed.
- Provide support to the program office on other UIS asset related tasks
- Perform project engineering management on behalf of PO, including but not limited to site survey, project QC, technical problem solving, field coordination, NAS Defense Program (NDP) liaison, FAA Engineering Services (ES) liaison, etc.
- Support PO with strategic planning and execution related maters
- General Engineering Degree (B.S.). Minimum 4 - 8 years of construction related experience as Project Engineer or Resident Engineer. Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust. Public Trust requires US Citizenship or a Green Card and 3 years of residency in the United States.
- Knowledge of Unstaffed Infrastructure Sustainment (UIS) facilities
- Knowledge of National Airspace System Equipment Tower (NASET), National Airspace System Equipment Building (NASEB), Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC), power, general building construction techniques, Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT)s, fire detection, security, site work
- Knowledge of Corporate Work Plan (CWP) 4.1.12.
- FAA Experience or Military Aviation background highly desired.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Civil Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $71,500.00 - $110,000.00 - $148,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.