The Maritime Systems Division in Lynnwood, WA is seeking a Drafting and Configuration Management (CM) Manager, to support a variety of maritime projects, including work associated with the development and testing of unmanned underwater vehicles (UUVs). The qualified candidate will work with mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, software engineers, and production personnel to define, design, document, integrate, and operate electrical components, electro-mechanical assemblies, and subsea systems used in maritime applications.
- Manage a drafting department responsible for generating technical documentation packages (TDPs) for a broad range of projects, ranging from small R&D projects to large scale programs of record.
- Oversee all aspects of TDP Configuration Management, including use of associated tools and required processes, both existing and newly developed.
- Demonstrate proficiency with ASME Y-14.5 Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ASME 14.100-2004 or an equivalent Engineering Drawing Practices standard.
- Create and/or manage development of detailed drawings, for new designs and modifications to existing products, using SolidEdge, SolidWorks, and Altium. Drawings include detailed machined part drawings, system/subsystem assembly drawings, circuit card assemblies, wiring diagrams and schematics, and cable assemblies, along with associated bills of materials (BOMs).
- Review components for ease of manufacture, form, fit and function relative to overall assemblies and manufacturing practices.
- Demonstrate knowledge of a variety of fabrication techniques and manufacturing processes.
- Prepare engineering change orders (ECOs) for required drawing changes. As required, lead change control board (CCB) discussions.
- Serve as local administrator of Solidworks Product Data Management (PDM) tool. Manage user accounts, create new accounts, manage folder structure, create and maintain workflows, and manage templates library parts.
- Oversee the initial set up of new program documentation.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the division’s teams to enhance CM practices.
- Provide TDP/CM status reporting to the individual Program Managers, and customer, as directed.
- Manage aspects of multiple project tasks simultaneously.
- Coordinate and assign workload based on priorities and skillset of staff.
- Mitigate risks by ensuring staff meet and exceed contractual requirements.
- Coordinate subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
- Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Skills commensurate with listed primary responsibilities.
- Experience working with and administering CAD configuration management software, particularly Solidworks PDM Pro software.
- Knowledge and practical experience with Configuration Management.
- Experience in assigning tasks, supervising on-going technical efforts, and managing contract performance identified by the customer.
- Ability to make decisions and escalate when needed.
- Self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Currently possesses (or) must be able to obtain an active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Strong written and verbal communications, team building, and collaboration skills.
- Strong working knowledge of SolidWorks and Solid Edge.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Flexible, cooperative, “can do” attitude.
- Familiar with Department of Defense (DoD) and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) drafting standards and practices.
- Maritime systems and/or ocean engineering experience greatly preferred, including prior experience with unmanned underwater vehicles and associated electronics/sensors, underwater cables/connectors, control and monitor electronics, launch and recovery subsystems, and system-to-host interfaces.
- Familiarity with software CM practices.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Design
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.