The Leidos AIE team has an opening for Software Specialist- Splunk. This opening will support our program that is being deployed to Army installations in CONUS, AK, HI and PR. Our home base is in Edgewood MD which houses the program team, warehouse operations, system integration lab, 24x7 Help Desk operation, engineering center and full-scale replicas of Access Control Systems (ACS) for installations to include ACP/Lanes and the Visitor Control Center. AIE is a cloud based enterprise system providing force protection capabilities to Army installations. The position will be in our Cyber & Enterprise Operations (C&EO) organization at our Lakeside facility.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
Develop, update and sustain Splunk environment to include dashboards and alerting supporting the AIE systems deployed at the installations and across the Enterprise domain. Learn existing system capabilities and work to support the design of the new capabilities and enhancements to both the AIE cloud based system and deployed installations. Sets up administrator and service accounts and troubleshoot creates/updates and maintains system documentation, interacts with users and evaluates vendor products, deep understanding of monitoring enterprise/cloud operations and services.
Assist in the delivery and maintenance of ATO’s documentation for the AIE environment, work with IA team to define, document and implement Security Controls. Report findings to management with recommendations for resolution. Provide support and configuration of Splunk alert and data draws for the following AIE deployed systems:
- AIE-3 Tier 1 & Tier 2 sites; AIE-59 Tier sites; AIE-Pure Fleet Sites Tier 1; Facial Recognition Systems; and Kiosk 2.0 systems integration.
- Responsible for ensuring deadlines are met and status is provided to Splunk Team Manager and the DPM for C&EO.
- Responsible for the assigned workspace for the build team to keep it neat, orderly and laid out to support the efforts.
- Responsible to for safe storage and use of images for the various system components.
- Provide updates to the Splunk Team Manager and DPM C&EO on the status of configurations and assigned tasks
- Generate various reports as needed
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree and 8+ years relevant experience, or additional relevant experience in lieu of degree, in planning, building, integrating and maintaining Windows and Unix/Linux systems.
- Experience with cloud based operations
- Experience with using Splunk and building Splunk dashboards and alerting in a distributed environment
- Must be US Citizen and have an Active Secret required at time of hire.
- Must have Security + (DoD 8570 series IAT Level II Certification) before hiring or ability to obtain cert within 60 days of hire.
- Experience in handing PII for commercial and Government customers
- Ability to travel to Army installations 10% of the time
Splunk Certification (Admin/Power User/or Architect).
Scripting Experience: Python/Perl/Bash/Puppet/Chef.
CISSP Microsoft related certifications and product certifications desired but not required;
These positions are “hands-on” positions working as part of a team at our Lakeside facility in Edgewood MD.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Specialist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.