Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a Project Manager to work in a full-time employment capacity within the Project Management Office that plans and leads a diverse portfolio of projects on behalf of the U.S.’s National Science Foundation to support the conduct of Antarctic science and research under the United States Antarctic Program (USAP). The mission of the National Science Foundation is "to promote the progress of science; to advance the national health, prosperity, and welfare; to secure the national defense..." and as the prime contractor program managing the Antarctic Support Contract, Leidos Project Managers have opportunities to lead and support some of the most unique projects around the globe. The selected Project Manager candidate will be expected to be well experienced and competent in whole-project-lifecycle engagement and leadership – in taking projects and project teams from beginning to successful project delivery and completed closeout.
- Lead in the development and execution of project initiation processes including, requirements gathering and requirements management, project charter and project execution plan development, stakeholder identification and management
- Have a thorough knowledge in project schedule development methods and tools, project cost estimate tools and development methods, and establishment of cost and schedule performance baselines that will establish the performance expectations of project lifecycles.
- Lead in the development and execution of project management areas of knowledge and expertise, specifically; scope management, change management, communications management, quality management, resource-needs planning and management, and project information and data management.
- Be knowledgeable in project procurement management. Areas of required knowledge and experience include contract types, contract and subcontract negotiations, and development of statements of work, requests for information, and requests for proposals.
- Lead in the development and management of project risks.
- Perform well in developing, delivering, and presenting routine project status briefings.
- Navigate a matrixed organization to find the resources and support needed to ensure project success. The successful candidate will manage projects throughout their entire lifecycle as part of a large, complex organization. Will collaborate with a diverse workforce within a matrix environment and be able to communicate effectively in obtaining and synthesizing requirements from external stakeholders, while working with the team to implement new technical solutions leveraging advanced concepts.
- Work to ensure high end-user and client satisfaction.
- Leads, manages and integrates day-to-day execution of project activities in accordance with contract requirements and ensures technical, schedule, cost, and financial performance.
- Ensures compliance with quality standards.
- Knows when to escalating project challenges to leadership and is not timid in doing so.
- Supports project staff management.
- Serves as the primary customer and company leadership contact for assigned projects.
- Champions performance excellence and continuous service improvement.
- Interfaces with task and functional leaders, subcontractors, and support personnel.
- Plans and executes project closeout activities.
- Additionally, the candidate must possess strong creative, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of Construction and/or Project Management experience with Vertical Construction/Building Projects or Facilities Maintenance/Upgrade Projects. 4 of of those years at the Project Manager or Construction Engineering Manager level of responsibility. Additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Relevant experience includes the delivery of complex projects ensuring coordination of multidiscipline and multi-company teams, understanding design risk assessments and reviewing technical design documentation for coordination of civil, structural, mechanical and electrical.
- Must be articulate, able to communicate with multiple levels of clients and stakeholders.
- Must have current working knowledge of construction industry standards and certifications.
- Must have demonstrated experience maintaining cost and schedule performance using earned value methodologies.
- Experience managing various types of contracts for subcontractors including, but not limited to, Fixed Price, Time and Materials, Design Build, Incentive-Based.
- International travel to support led projects should be expected.
- Professional Registration or Project Management Institute certification is desirable.
- Experience maintaining current infrastructure while building replacement infrastructure.
- Experience in government contracting.
PHYSICAL AND / OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Eventual international travel will be required in this position. Travel to Antarctica requires successful completion of the National Science Foundation (NSF) physical, dental, and psychological examinations prior to travel to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. US citizenship or permanent residency is required.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
Key Programs and/or Capabilities:
- Antarctic Support Contract (ASC)
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Energy and Environment
- Engineering Services
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Pay Range:Pay Range $71,500.00 - $110,000.00 - $148,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.