Leidos is looking to hire a Networks Operations Lead in Twentynine Palms, CAI to join our newly awarded NGEN program.
Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) Contract. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The selected candidate will oversee operation of network systems, architecture, and topology through deployment and oversight of network operations specialists. Other job duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure that all operating systems are adequate, functional, and conform to operation security policies and procedures.
- Assist with the development and application of business processes to ensure appropriate service levels.
- Develop and implement standards, procedures, and processes for the NOC.
- Participate in strategic network planning, steady state operations planning, and development of contingency operation plans.
- Plan and support injection of new technologies and implementation of technology refresh.
- Confer with and advise administrators, user representatives, and technical personnel regarding development and design of integrated network solutions.
- Prepare recommendations based on monitoring results, tools analyses, and forensics.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures regarding network equipment, maintenance, and monitoring.
- Prepare status reports.
- Schedule routine system maintenance, oversee application of proactive cyber security measures, and manage reaction to network defense requirements.
- Develop and maintain system architecture and operational documentation.
- High School Diploma and a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II
Must possess an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) network support certification such as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching and/or an Operating System (OS)/Application certification such as:
Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) Network+
Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA),
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification for Enterprise Services
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching certification highly preferred
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.