Leidos is seeking a Junior Environmental Engineer to support environmental restoration projects at the Reston, VA or Cleveland, OH office locations.
The successful candidate will support CERCLA and RCRA environmental projects, including investigations, remediation, and monitoring at government and commercial sites within the CONUS. Anticipated tasks will include, but are not limited to: site surveys and inspections; environmental media sampling including soil, surface water, sediment, and groundwater sampling; and support to remediation system design, construction, and maintenance. Candidates also will support the preparation of technical work plans, reports, and permits. Candidates will conduct scientific analyses of environmental data resulting from field operations, including development of maps, figures, tables, and written materials describing investigation data and results of data analyses. Candidates will assist with coordinating technical documents such as Remedial Investigation Reports, Feasibility Studies through various stages of generation and production, communicating and working effectively with diverse project teams and project management, and working within designated schedules and budgets.
Candidates will be mentored by local senior-level staff and interface with junior to senior level scientists across multiple Leidos offices. Applicants should demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable working in a team environment with internal and external stakeholders. Strong organizational skills are essential.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Environmental, Civil, or Chemical Engineering with 2+ years’ related experience or Masters degree in Environmental, Civil or Chemical Engineering with less than 2 years experience.
- Must have experience with CERCLA and RCRA environmental investigations, remedial design, and/or remedial action including report writing and fieldwork.
- Will be required to pass background checks to obtain access to, and conduct work on, U.S. Government installations.
- Must be willing and able to travel to work locations, sometimes for extended periods up to 10 days.
- Strong technical writing and analytical skills.
- Enthusiasm to learn new skills and willingness to embrace new opportunities.
- Proactive and attention to detail and ability to conduct work in accordance with written plans and procedures.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Valid driver’s license.
Desired Education, Certificates & Experience:
- Masters Degree
- Current 40-hour HAZWOPER OSHA 1910.120 hazardous waste worker certification.
- EIT credential and interest toward obtaining PE certification within 5 years.
- Experience sampling and/or reporting groundwater data.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Environmental Eng
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.