No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Technical & Non-Technical Training Opportunities
- Leadership Opportunities
- Mentorship & Training Opportunities
- Opportunity to Lead, Grow, and Inspire a Dynamic Team
In this role, you can also expect to gain:
- NESC expertise
- Interface with local clients
- Electrical Power Calculations
- Interactions with other disciplines(Substation, Protection & Controls, and Civil Structural)
- Strategic Development
- Expanding a Portfolio of Business
- Partnering with a Variety of Utility Clients Nationwide
Leidos is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power
expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160
municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers.
Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients.
In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful
energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by
Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms,
and Top 20 Power Firms
We are seeking an Associate Substation Engineer who will work as a member of a dynamic team within our Hendersonville, TN office.
Commercial Energy Services Operation organization; specifically our Power Delivery division: an established group of
electric utility engineering consultants that solve challenging substation engineering problems for our utility clients
Nation-wide. The Associate Substation Engineer will work under the direct supervision of an experienced licensed
professional engineer and is expected to develop skills in the field of substation engineering and the ability to work with
In this role the qualified individual will be expected to:
· Assist project teams with Physical Electrical, Protection and Control, SCADA Systems, Station Communications
and Station Automation design on utility substation engineering projects.
· Perform basic engineering calculations to support engineering design.
· Follow the established Quality Control Plan while completing assignments.
· Assist with the preparation of project deliverables including but not limited to engineered drawings, technical
reports, project-related correspondence and miscellaneous project documentation.
· Collaborate with other substation engineering disciplines as required.
· Assist the team with the development of processes and procedures to improve project execution efficiency.
· Maintain accurate records and files and a high level of organization.
· Take opportunities to improve technical knowledge and understanding of the work.
· Support Leidos’ goals and represent the company positively and professionally.
· B.S. or M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
· 0 – 2 years of prior relevant experience in utility substation engineering with a B.S. degree
· 0 – 1 years of prior relevant experience in utility substation engineering with a M.S. degree
· Basic understanding of the utility grid (power generation, transmission and distribution) system
· Solid understanding of the basic principles of electric power
· Keen focus of quality and an appreciation for high quality deliverables
· Strong attention to details
· Understanding of basic engineering theories and principles
· Understanding of basic practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making
sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations
· Ability to meet deadlines under high pressure situations
· Team player who can work effectively in team environment with an ability to deal with a variety of individuals
from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
· Ability to multitask on assignments while maintaining schedule
· Proactive communication with strong written and oral communication skills
· Strong organizational skills
· High level of computer and internet competency
· Proficiency with using Windows-based software programs
· Major emphasis in Power Systems Design and Engineering
· Received a passing grade on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam
· Prior relevant experience in electric power engineering
· Active membership in national engineering societies (IEEE, PES, etc.)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.