The Leidos Spatial Solutions team has an opening for a Configuration Manager to work on a cloud integration, operations, and sustainment program (FGS-IOS). The program is involved in the deployment and maintenance of multiple operational cloud deployed geospatial solutions, and the position will be leading the configuration management team. A successful candidate will have experience with Agile methodologies and the various tools necessary to run agile teams, as well as the ability to participate in release planning events, daily scrums, and other technical discussions as needed. This role will support all activities owned by the CM team including documentation, architecture diagrams, cloud cost control methodologies and reporting, and other projects while requiring significant collaboration with other teams, program management, and customer stakeholders.
- Proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Requires BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience OR 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Must currently possess an active Top Secret clearance, with ability to obtain a Polygraph post hire
- Significant experience as a Configuration Manager using tools such as Git, Jenkins and Nexus
- Proven experience managing multiple baselines across multiple environments
- Understanding of AWS/Cloud technologies
- Experience with Agile/SAFe development methodologies
- Experience with team collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence, RocketChat)
- Ability to develop a team backlog, plan and prioritize work
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (S3 Buckets, EC2, Reserved Instances, etc.)
- Creation of Version Description Documents (VDDs)
- Experience with ArcGIS or geospatial technologies
- Experience with Amazon Web Services technical performance versus cost management
- Experience establishing or significantly improving an existing CM system and process
- Experience leading Engineering Review Boards and Change Management
- Experience with construction of architectural diagrams and data flow diagrams
- Experience improving and auditing deployment processes
- Understand CM / SE process for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.