Leidos is searching for an experienced EVMS Program Scheduler to join our team of qualified program financial analysts in support of the FDA Bridge Program, a highly visible program under the FDA Portfolio under the GH&SS Operation.
This position will be primarily a telecommuting role with some travel.
The Mission Accomplishment and Regulatory Compliance Services (MARCS) Investment supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Regulatory Affairs’ (ORA) critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. The MARCS Investment was initiated to upgrade and replace many of ORA’s legacy systems, and a program was established to develop a set of components to perform key functions in a service oriented architecture (SOA). Leidos provides technical services, O&M development support for both legacy and newly integrated systems and services within the MARCS program. The support includes activities to maintain the systems in a fully functional state and to develop enhancements for these system integrations, re-engineering and enhancement of FDA ORA legacy applications. Develop, test, implement, operate, and maintain MARCS components.
This position requires an understanding of scheduling practices and commitment to learn Earned Value Management scheduling processes. This includes working with the financial/technical team on tasks that include month end status and Estimate to Complete (ETC) updates, developing proposals, Basis of Estimates (BOE) and baseline schedules, Integrated Master Plans and Work Breakdown Structures, preparing and presenting Schedule Risk Analysis (SRAs). Daily activities will include being embedded on project, soliciting input from the technical team to ensure all dependencies (internal and external) are documented and tracked; actively supporting Integrated Baseline Reviews; interfacing with other internal teams to develop and prepare resource assignments, identify and document schedule and risk, manage the integrity of the baseline data, status and provide inputs in support of the EVMS business rhythm. Candidate must be able to communicate the impact of schedule status and baseline changes to a senior level audience. Must be a team player and able to communicate effectively to senior managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline as well as 8-12 years of experience or 6-10 years of relevant experience with a Masters. In lieu of Bachelor’s degree, substitute an additional 5 years of experience.
- Must have at least 5+ years general experience as a Scheduler on large, complex DOD EVMS programs with numerous dependencies to track
- Develop resource loaded and level project schedules using the performance work statement (PWS), technical proposal, WBS, and oral directions from senior project managers and technical leads.
- Ensure internal and external dependencies are documented and tracked for risk management
- Collaborate with project control and finance analysts to produce revenue forecasts
- Experience with running schedule health checks using Steelray or for Projects project analyzer software
- Experience with DOD EVMS baseline change control processes and IPMR reporting
- Experience with monthly schedule status processes
- Experience with Schedule Critical Path Method (CPM)
- Working knowledge of Schedule Risk Assessment (SRA)
- Must be capable of working proficiently within a team and collaborate with senior managers
- Must be able to conduct and present briefing materials to senior managers and Government stakeholders
- Must have experience resolving CDRL/deliverable questions from Government stakeholders
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Earned Value Management Systems
- Experience using Microsoft Project Server
- Experience developing Excel and Project VBA and SQL scripts to automate tasks
- Must be US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance, contract requirement.
- Understanding of Electronic Industries Alliance EIA – 748,
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principals
- Expert in Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of Deltek Cobra EVM software,
- Experience with Estimate to Complete (ETC) and Estimate at Complete (EAC) processes
- Experience with supporting Control Account Managers in an Earned Value Management Systems environment
- Experience with generating Integrated Program Management Reports (DID) DI-MGMT-81861 (IPMR) Formats 1-7.
- Experience with Deltek wInsight analytics software
- Certification in AACE International’s Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP) or PMI’s Project Scheduling Professional Certification (PMI – S
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.