As the largest provider of IT services, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems a number of US federal agencies as well as international agencies. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the United Kingdom Home Office Biometrics program located in Fairmont, WV and Vienna Va.
The current HOB Program is focused on maximizing the public safety benefits of fingerprints, DNA and facial matching. With biometric technology developing at pace, and with new biometrics emerging rapidly, this landscape brings with it a number of important choices for Government, especially how to maximize the potential benefits to the public whilst protecting the privacy of the individual and addressing any potential impact of data aggregation. The HOB Program will transform the existing biometrics capabilities into a technically converged, but commercially disaggregated, strategic biometrics capability.
- Will report directly to the US Team program manager for this project in the US Team organization
- Will be the POC for received Requests for Change (RFC) from the Leidos UK SCBP UK HOBs Program Management Office (PMO) that require US involvement/labor in order to perform the work
- Along with the Group Technical Leads, determine the level of effort required from the US team in order to perform RFCs
- Work closely with the US Engineering Team in determining what individuals from the US Technical teams will be needed in order to perform the work, including determining is additional staff is needed
- Working with the individuals appointed from the technical teams, determine the number of labor hours associated with the effort
- Work with the Leidos procurement in order to get quotes for hardware and software licensing as needed for the effort
- Build a project schedule of task associated with the RFC’s
- Using the BOE template, fill in the information into that template in order for the effort to go thru pricing.
- Work closely with the program manager before finalizing BOE’s and schedule prior to submittal to the Leidos UK PMO
- Track all information associated with the BOEs and the schedule to be submitted to the Leidos UK PMO for final pricing
- Once RFC is approved by the customer and the Leidos UK PMO, track all work associated with the RFC thru the Test and Deployment (TAD) environments using the project schedule and report back status to the PMO and the Home Office on a as needed basis
- Sr. Project Manager will look of opportunities to improve process and look for new solutions in the execution of the RFC.
- Sr. Project Manager will act as the Product Owner for all RFCs in this Agile, matrixed environment.
- Sr. Project Manager will also work closely with the program manager of the US team, the Leidos UK PMO, as well as the program engineering staff to ensure successful execution of the RFC. This individual will also be responsible for all status reporting to Senior Program leadership as well as reporting status to Home Office leadership.
- Schedule all RFC’s into the release schedule for final testing and deployment into the IDENT software baseline
- Coordinate with the UK IDENT Operational lead on final deployment of RFC’s to production baseline including coordinating technical support required from the US team in order to successfully deployment changes.
- Ability to manage multiple RFC’s working in the Test and Development (TAD) at the same time.
- The Sr. Project Manager will have complete ownership of the RFCs including recommending staffing adjustments to technical leads, recommending different approach to successfully completing the RFC’s, recommending to Senior Leadership any adjustments that need to be made to the contractual agreements to the Home Office, adjustments of schedules thru formal change management process, as well as any addition of quality process to improve execution and visibility of the RFC’s
- Must be a US citizen and have at least a DoD Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a UK Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technologies, and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with more than 13+ years of prior relevant experience
- Must be well organized and able to communicate effectively with all technical teams (infrastructure, software and test)
- Must be experienced in UK HOBS IDENT1 environments including both Test and Development (TAD) environment in the US and the UK production environment.
- Experienced in presenting status and coordinating with customers on a regular basis
- Strong interpersonal skills involving ability to work effectively cross-functionally and cross-culturally
- Strong written and oral communication skills necessary for meetings and presentations
- Ability to work well with others, exhibiting teamwork skills
- Ability to partner with senior management to analyze and solve issues
- Ability to multitask by handling diverse assignments concurrently
- Strong understanding of engineering, development and testing
- Prior experience with the UK Home Office and prior Project Management within IDENT1 environments
- Microsoft Project and Excel experience
- PMP Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.