Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
The role of the Supply Chain Engineer (SCE) will include, but not limited to:
- Working as liaison between program engineering and the Procurement team
- Identifying and mitigating program risks and opportunities as they pertain to material requirements; reporting/tracking all program material bailment activities
- Assist program in achieving program material budget objectives
- Participating program purchase requirements from engineering perspective
- Participating in sourcing process improvement projects (both Supply Chain and Program)
- Resolving Supply Chain issues for the program and resolving program material cost problems
The SCE is an extension of the shared services for supply chain related support. Additionally, the SCE is responsible for all activities associated with researching and recommending suppliers and products effective to the customer mission. The SCE works closely with the bid teams to ensure the review of purchase requisitions for clarity, compliance, detail, completeness, regulatory compliance and obtain additional information considered necessary. Some travel may be required.
- Serves as Procurement Engineer in the Subcontracts and Procurement organisation with interaction with numerous HW, SW, Cloud & Cyber manufacturers and technical teams within Leidos.
- Candidate will solve problems in Cost/Value Engineering, Affordability, and Technical Solutions.
- Candidate is responsible for providing innovative technical solutions and sourcing strategies that drive down cost (market research, engaging with Category Managers/Supplier Relationship Managers, etc.)
- Candidate works with Solution Architects to define technical requirements by engaging suppliers
- Candidate works with program team to understand requirements and collaborate on program strategy
- Candidate writes support bid reviews, where applicable
- Candidate will also have job responsibilities associated with Supplier Management, Program Strategy Development, Program Material Acquisition, Business Process Re-Engineering, and Procurement Tool deployments.
- This individual should be a self-starter and someone that is flexible and is able to work independently
- Hold or be able to hold UK SC clearance
- Technical experience in solutions and BOM solutions
- Technical bachelor's degree from an accredited college, and/or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialised training commensurate with assignment
- 2+ years related experience or MBA/MS and 1+ years of related experience
- Experience with supplier coordination including hardware and software selection, maintenance issues, and problem resolution
- Demonstrated experience interfacing across multiple organisations and program levels simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight time constraints
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
Supply Chain Management experience:
- Experience in Supply Chain Engineering, Logistics, HW/SW Maintenance Planning, Earned Value Management, program support, Proposal support
- Experience in acquisition of materials and components, consisting of, but not limited to, non-IT related finished products, raw materials, fabricated parts, electronic components, machines, equipment, and test devices.
- MRP knowledge or experience
- Understanding of terms and conditions and software licence agreements
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.