Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Training Support Specialist to work in Chantilly, VA supporting a dynamic customer’s training support needs. The Training Support Specialist will assist course directors and instructors with the daily support requirements in the classroom necessary to help ensure the effective delivery of critical training.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Support all aspects of the customer’s requirements to assist in the development of course syllabi, curriculum, and class materials for various training classes and seminars.
- Provide support to classes and workshops at the school’s facilities, including attending events if required.
- Monitor the schedule of the school and anticipate room assignments, ensure the proper set-up of classrooms in advance of scheduled dates, and make sure rooms are clean and cleared appropriately after classes are complete.
- When required, coordinate with POCs for classrooms outside of the school’s direct control to ensure the proper set-up of the room to meet class requirements.
- Frequently communicate with instructors to assist with their on-going course needs.
- Provide direct assistance to program directors, course directors, and instructors during classes/workshops and be part of a team to ensure presentations and classes run smoothly and student and presenter needs are accommodated.
- Assist instructors of classes by copying and printing classroom and other course materials, procuring class rosters, ensuring books and supplies are ordered regularly, and assisting with daily class needs as required.
- Track, manage, and complete tasks using the school’s service request system, procurement system, and when required assist with time keeping system.
- When required, submit access requests for visitors for classes/workshops and assist with scheduling and escorting.
- Provide support to senior customer managers.
- Work collaboratively with other training programs.
- Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
- Must have administrative or program support experience, or equivalent.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Must possess and can demonstrate a high attention to detail and an ability to manage their work in an organized and orderly process.
- Must possess effective communications skills, both oral and written, and have experience communicating with all levels, including senior managers.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of MS Office products and must be able to learn and effectively operate general office equipment (copiers, printers, laminators, binding tools, etc.).
- Must possess and can demonstrate past experience of excellent customer service skills and a proactive work ethic.
- Must possess basic problem solving skills.
- Must be able to lift basic office supplies (up to 40lbs., e.g., a box of copier paper) and move general furniture (e.g., re-arrange classroom tables and chairs, both with wheels).
- Experience with training or providing support to a school or learning environment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.