Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
Provide technical leadership and delivery of innovative products, services or a combination that address customer's specific business problems. Responsibilities include developing innovative approaches and solutions, using non-quantitative tools and guidelines from past experience.
National Security & Defence (NS&D) deliverables:
Support the growth of the NS&D Division by bring and applying domain knowledge from Defence, Home Office, Policing, Border Security and Intelligence to enhance the value that Leidos brings to customer opportunities and challenges.
Work as part of NS&D and wider Office of Technology community to further Leidos capabilities and develop the solution portfolio for the benefit of NS&D and the wider business.
Own the Solution and its evolution for NS&D opportunities aligned to the Leidos Win Plan ® methodology from early in the Campaign Plan or Opportunity Interest Gate through to award and subsequently into execution.
Outputs: Solution designs, supporting design materials and collateral, White Papers and Points of View, Customer and internal briefings, innovation ideas including business cases and solution research briefings and progress and status reports.
- Lead and direct work of technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs.
- Influence development of solutions that support project and programme goals and business results.
- Recommend and develop new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of functions strategy and operations.
- Undertake technical and solution reviews as required to support successful execution of programme and opportunity activity.
- Resolves highly complex problems using application of technical knowledge, conceptualising, reasoning and interpretation.
- Develops solutions that are innovative and deliverable, achieved through research, qualification and integration of best practices.
- Communicate with executive leadership (internally and client) articulating solution and technical capability aligned to the business challenges.
- Convince and educate others to accept areas view/current practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
- Has in-depth understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts and their application across range of programs.
- Serves as a subject matter expert within technical domain area.
- Experience working in multiple IT areas.
- Able to lead complex Solution activity comprising:
- Software architecture design and engineering
- Cloud development
- IT infrastructure and Service Management
- UK Government security standards
- Business Analysis
- Project and Programme Management
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Solution Architect
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.