The Defense Health Operation of Leidos is currently looking for a Facility Manager to support the Naval Submarine Medical Research Laboratory (NSMRL) in Groton, CT. NSMRL conducts research and investigates the effects of medical, psychological, and performance issues associated with the health and performance of naval personnel in operational and non-operational settings.
The ideal candidate shall:
- Evaluate, coordinate, and track the execution of all security, fire, safety and environmental programs or services affecting the quality of life and efficient utilization of facilities available to and used by the command in accordance with all applicable guidance and regulations.
- Manage, submit and track all work order requests.
- Serve as the point of contact for repairs, maintenance and construction.
- Handle all building emergencies in relation to: electrical, plumbing, and other problems.
- Conduct formal inspections and evaluate operating services, maintenance, repair, safety, security programs, and space distribution and utilization.
- Develop budget estimates, justifications, analysis, and recommendations to perform service or maintenance.
- Maintain files and required documentation as necessary. Utilize Enterprise Safety Applications Management System (ESAMS) to record safety training, mishap data, and hazard identification.
- Administer operations and building services programs to include ground maintenance, snow removal, janitorial service, utilities, trash removal, recycling, and parking.
- Develop building and grounds maintenance plans to employ preventative measures to ensure the life cycle of the building and reduce operating costs.
- Identify needs, set priorities, and develop plans for existing and projected maintenance, operational, and service requirements and coordinate action on any identified deficiencies.
- Maintain and evaluate the building physical security and access systems. Administer the facility key control plan to include maintaining the master key system
- Coordinate planning, receipt, installation, maintenance, inventory, replacement and disposal of all NSMRL equipment according to all applicable instructions.
- Provide support for laboratory projects.
- Recommend and conduct corrective and preventative maintenance work.
- Maintain files for engineering and architectural diagrams, study reports.
- Work is to be performed on a government installation. The normal work week is Monday - Friday 0800 to 1630.
- Requires BS Degree or equivalent and 2 years of prior relevant experience; additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a SECRET classification access level. Preference will be given to a candidate who already has this clearance level.
- Due to Federal contract requirements, US citizenship is required.
- The candidate must have the ability to routinely lift and carry up to 50 lbs and climb stairs. Work may involve bending, stooping, and working in confined areas; potential exposure to low-level hazardous agents that may be of a physical, chemical or biological nature.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Experience within a Government or military organization.
- Comfort and familiarity with Government inventory systems and Microsoft Office highly desired.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.