Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
As a cornerstone to Leidos' growing profile in the energy sector, the Commercial Energy Solutions Operation serves utilities, independent power producers, investment and lending communities, regulators, state agencies, and the U.S. Department of Energy in:
- Power grid engineering and design
- Utility planning and consulting
- Energy management and efficiency
- Grid modernization
- Advanced communications
Leidos is seeking a Senior Proposal Specialist that will support Commercial Energy Proposal bids. The Senior Proposal Specialist will be responsible for leading and providing proposal expertise to all lines of business within Commercial Energy including Power Delivery Services, Digital Utilities, Energy Management, and Energy Infrastructure & Consulting. Expectations of the successful candidate will include: participation in proposal development team planning and execution, reviewing Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements, conducting analysis on RFP, and assessing strategy for responding to requirements. Additional requirements include performing all tasks related to the Leidos Win Plan; leading proposal teams, preparing support artifacts, and managing proposal development activities. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for assessing and ensuring compelling, complete and compliant proposal responses reflect win strategy elements and align to evaluation factors and criteria.
- Lead and manage the overall proposal development process from Pre-Proposal Phase through Post Proposal Phase
- Interpret technical and management requirements of solicitations
- Oversee/produce schedules, outlines, compliance matrices, proposal kickoffs, and technical solution sessions
- Ensure win strategy, technical solution, win themes, discriminators, compliance, and clear understanding of the requirements are well-articulated and consistent throughout final proposal documents
- Facilitate proposal reviews (e.g. Blue, Red, White) and make ongoing recommendations to ensure compliance and increase proposal score
- Oversee development of high quality, high impact artwork and graphics for proposals •
- Collaborate with executives, management teams, functional units, BD personnel, stakeholders, partners, and subject matter experts to provide proposal leadership, support, and overall direction
- Maintain tight, proactive communication with proposal and business unit leadership to ensure all necessary resources and activities are available to achieve a successful proposal submission
- Manage multiple proposal tasks with sometimes rapid turnaround deadlines
- Support other business development professionals (e.g., editorial support, volume management, review participation) when necessary as part of a team-first capture and proposal organization
- Support other Proposal Operations activities (e.g., content databases, SharePoint library management) as needed basic qualifications
- Bachelors Degree with at least 4-8 years proposal management, support, and writing experience
- Evidence of a successful track record of high quality, high scoring proposals
- Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work to meet deadlines (nights, weekends, and holidays at times)
- Ability to develop and/or assist technical and capture personnel in developing compelling themes, discriminators, and messaging
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently
- Up-to-date knowledge of marketing, editing, graphic design, and other relevant proposal best practices
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage geographically disparate teams
- Ability to create original content using interview and research techniques
- Fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint
- Demonstrated experience in proposal writing covering all typical solicitation sections (e.g., Management, Technical, Staffing)
- Experience supporting a wide variety of solicitation size, complexity, and submission window
- Considered a Subject Matter Expert in Proposal Management
- Formal proposal training and/or relevant certifications
- Ability to remain upbeat, positive, and constructive within a dynamic environment operating under high-pressure deadlines
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:0
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Pay Range:Pay Range $57.200,00 - $88.000,00 - $118.800,00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.