The Business Development Operations Professional will manage the vendors that support Leidos’ capture and proposal efforts. The ability to multitask effectively as well as demonstrate analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills is required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and sustaining long-standing relationships with approved vendors.
- Meeting with suitable vendors to assess their capabilities, inquire about their services, negotiate pricing, and communicate any service-related concerns.
- Conducting research on available vendors to determine which offer needed capabilities.
- Reviewing and approving vendor invoices in a timely manner.
- Interacting with internal personnel (typically capture managers, BD Leads, other CO&E personnel) to identify and staff captures and proposals with appropriate vendor resources.
- Acting as the single point of contact to provide the Authorization to Proceed (ATP) to vendors for capture and proposal resources – this includes vetting candidates and negotiating rates.
- Facilitating the onboarding of capture and proposal resources via various methods, including establishing new agreements, utilizing the Leidos Staff Augmentation Solution (LSAS), or the 1099 process.
- Acting as the point of contact from a financial standpoint in terms of allocating vendor cost, submitting journal entries, preparing and submitting the monthly vendor accrual, responding to questions, etc.
- Providing reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, ad hoc) to appropriate internal personnel.
- Supporting audits as requested.
- Ensuring compliance with Leidos policies, procedures, and documents, most importantly our disclosure statement.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 12+ years applicable experience.
- Strong professional, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to explore and solve problems, and be willing to work constructively across teams
- Ability to work independently to accomplish established goals
- Ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities to produce a large volume of high-quality material with attention to detail.
- Proficiency Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft SharePoint, and ability to learn new applications
- Desired skills include a familiarity with the Win Plan or related capture processes
- Experience in capture or proposal management
- Familiarity with subcontract management
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Process
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.