The Defense Health Operation of Leidos is currently looking for a Research Associate to support biomedical research at the Naval Medical Research Unit, San Antonio (NAMRU-SA) in San Antonio, TX. NAMRU-SA conducts gap driven combat casualty care, craniofacial, and directed energy research to improve survival, operational readiness, and safety of Department of Defense personnel engaged in routine and expeditionary operations.
The ideal candidate:
- Assists technical personnel associated with the projects and manage data.
- Assists in research design.
- Sets up, operates, and calibrates laboratory equipment and apparatus in accordance with protocols for research under contract.
- Assists in ordering and maintaining inventory of supplies for research under contract.
- Researches and collects data through complex laboratory/scientific experiments, techniques, and procedures; library research, structures interviews; or through other means for research projects.
- Compiles and may analyze data using scientific or statistical techniques.
- Writes and edits material for publication and presentation.
- Reports on status of research activities.
- Routes administrative paper work related to scientific products.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1+ years working in a research based position
- Experience working with animals in research setting. Ideal candidates will have experience and be comfortable working with non-humane primates.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Experience working on research team in a lab environment
- Current certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS); American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Course; American Red Cross CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation); or equivalent. Web based classes do not meet these standards.
- MS Degree
- Experience working in Military environment
- Current clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Laboratory Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.