The Leidos Defense Group has an opening for a Cyber Security Analyst on the DISA GSM-O II program supporting Joint Force Headquarters DODIN at Fort Meade.
GSM-O II provides network operations and cyber defense support to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) in support of the DoD and COCOMs . In this role, you will provide holistic enterprise defensive strategies for enterprise cyber security capabilities implemented within the infrastructure of the DODIN to include but not limited to Cloud, network boundaries, cross domains, and varying endpoint technologies.
- Provide analysis of architectures, technologies, policies, information and analytic data used to determine prevention, detection, and mitigation of anomalous activity, vulnerabilities and inefficiencies.
- Perform cyber situational awareness activities and provide analysis and recommendations of situation awareness capabilities.
- Conduct micro and macro analysis of enterprise cybersecurity defensive strategies in order to enable operational effectives, defense, and command and control.
- Analyze policy, program management office managed systems, hardware, and software, cloud, network infrastructure in order to recommend methods and strategies that reduce and/or managed impacts.
- Provide operational assessments, analysis, metrics, recommendations, and enhancements to address Current Operations, Future Operations and long term plans.
- Provide proactive cyber security, incident management, and impact assessments based on enterprise cyber security capabilities implemented.
- Monitor and recommend configuration management changes of various passive and active defensive capabilities, to include but not limited to, countermeasures, detection methods, and other mitigation strategies, etc. to determine and forecast the most prudent, efficient, and supportable operational environment
- Provide enterprise wide cybersecurity, threat analysis, manage, integrate and employ countermeasures and defensive strategies across a multi-tiered, porous domain inclusive of Cloud, federated regional gateways, cross domain peering points, internet access points, and endpoints.
- Perform defensive strategy configuration management support including: Cloud Security, Boundary Security and Endpoint Security
- Develop metrics and measures and recommend standards to support assessments, process improvements and operational efficiencies at HQ and across the DODIN
- Support development and management of a malware analysis environment
- Develop and recommend malware analysis SOPs/TTPs for the collection, analysis and protection of the DODIN.
- Active DoD TS/SCI Clearance and eligible for polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline and 8 years of related experience. Additional experience may be accepted in lieu of degree
- Security+ Certification (or other equivalent DoD 8570 Level II certification)
- Familiarity with all related aspects of cybersecurity operations/analysis (e.g. incident response & management, forensic media analysis, malware analysis/reverse-engineering, cyber threat intelligence analysis, etc.) and security architecture & engineering.
- In-depth knowledge of network and application protocols, cyber vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques and cyber threat/adversary methodologies (TTPs).
- Proficiency working with various types of network data (e.g. netflow, PCAP, custom application logs)
- Experience with DISA and DoD Networks.
- Skilled in building extended cyber security analytics.
- Demonstrated experience briefing Senior Executive Service (SES) and General Officer/Flag Officer (GO/FO) leadership.
- Experience in intelligence driven defense and/or cyber Kill Chain methodology.
- IAT Level III and IAM Level II Certifications
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.