Leidos is seeking Project Coordinator candidates to support the Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC) located at their HQ in Silver Spring, MD, by supporting the management of all DVBIC Education Program Strategic Initiatives in partnership with the project leaders. Work closely with identified site or HQ-based project leaders to plan and then guide projects from initial project approval through final project delivery. Determine and plans resources, timelines, and budgets. Manage the plan including adherence to agreed project milestones and budgets, reports on all project activities, and provides team leadership. The position will have project level management for all internal HQ team members and be responsible for identifying and resolving any project conflicts, shortfalls, and requirement discrepancies.
*this position is contingent upon Leidos being awarded contract*
- Develops end-to-end project plans for Education Division strategic initiatives, to include supported budgets, timelines and resource utilization.
- Provides appropriate information for leadership decision-making on project feasibility.
- Enables effective resource planning for all components providing resources to the project.
- Supports the project lead in the planning of activities tied to key project milestones.
- Coordinates all strategic initiative project activities with the Action Officers to achieve scheduled milestones. Assure all task leaders are aware of their activity due dates and intervene where required to adjust team activities and support task leaders in the project management tasks.
- Keeps the Action Officers aware of any schedule adjustments.
- Identifies issues before they impact the overall project schedule.
- Maintains appropriate coordination between parallel project activities.
- Ensures all project stakeholders are aware of project timing.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, health communications, or education and 5 years of related or Master’s degree in business, health communications, or education and 3 years of related experience.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, ability to work with and lead interdisciplinary teams, knowledge of all facets of program management.
- Must be available to travel locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Knowledge of military and veterans’ health care systems preferred.
- DAWIA Level II certification in functional area A or PMP are preferred.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:0
Job Family:Project Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.