The Leidos Defense Group Operations Analyst (OA) will help develop clear, credible, and compelling value propositions that will improve internal decisions on key pursuits, and will help articulate Leidos value in solving our customers’ most complex problems. The analyst will work with an Operations Analyses Leader to support strategic planning activities that drive Leidos’ opportunities in the Department of Defense (DoD).
Key areas of focus include (but not limited to): Customer and market analysis, threat environment and analysis, competitive comparisons, market intelligence data, budget analysis, gap analyses, ConOps, technology trending – all targeted at articulating, reinforcing and marketing Leidos’ Value Proposition. Additionally, you will be required to support and substantiate the communication and implementation of the strategy. Collaboration is critical - you will work closely with Leidos Business Development, strategy, capture and program execution leaders.
The analyst will help communicate customer hot buttons, metrics and value creation with the Model based Systems Engineering functional staff. Work to establish a culture of collaboration and respect within the Engineering discipline.
This position reports directly to the Vice President (VP) of Business Development and Strategy (BD&S) for Defense Group.
- Manage work-streams and tasks aligned with Operations Analysis Activity.
- Formulate enduring Value Propositions, and help guide Customer Requirements Interface, and broad integration of OA across Engineering, Program, and BD functions.
Value Proposition Development:
- Assist with an overall company effort to develop clear, credible, and compelling value propositions with the goal of internally improving program/project pursuit decisions and externally highlight the proposed capability to solve customer problems.
- Support an analytic culture by defining the right problem, developing compelling value propositions, and assessing the margins.
- Be able to use core analytic tools and techniques, as well as create new ones when required, to quantify product performance in relevant customer environments.
- Grow New Business by equipping engineering and business capture teams with visually and technically accurate operational concept videos and graphics.
- Simplify complicated engineering concepts into concise two-to five-minute presentations which summarize and clarify the intended message.
- Use knowledge and understanding of Campaign, Mission Area, Engagement, System/Engineering Level, and Physics/Phenomenology OA tools (standard simulations and models) using Measures of Effectiveness (MOEs) and Measures of Performance (MOPs) to assess key Mission Tasks (MTs) and associated Key Performance Parameters (KPPs).
- Identify and use key Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) simulations to substantiate the Value Proposition process.
- Leverage previous knowledge of, and experience with, key third party OA providers to recommend non-organic analysis work, existing or to be accomplished.
- Assess the cost effectiveness of various alternatives
- Identify and assess capability and technology gaps, and, opportunities for gap-filling by engaging partners in our ecosystem.
Customer Interface Operations:
- Work closely with customers to discern key customer requirements and compare them with alternative and /or competitive solutions.
- Improve the ability of Program/Technical leads to discuss capabilities versus cost options with the customer. Assist in the identification of experiments or demos to validate a requirement is achievable at low risk.
- Understand customer operational requirements to assess the impact of cost versus performance trades on operational effectiveness.
- Help shape the requirements. Assist the customer to establish value of a capability, define future mission requirements, and level-set budget estimates.
- Aid the Warfighter by accurately visualizing engineered systems in the battle space and increasing the speed of customer awareness
- Coordinate meetings with customers, clients, teammates, and third-party OA practitioners to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and customer operations and acquisition trends.
- Use analysis to establish Military Worth, i.e. Does the capability justify its cost? Are there lower cost alternatives that provide similar capability? Execute relevant Analysis of Alternatives.
- Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years of relevant experience or a Master’s Degree with 2+ years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 2+ years of Operations Analysis/Operations Research/Customer operations and Acquisition / Capture & Proposal / Strategy related experience
- Capture and pipeline management at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience working directly with the Defense Community.
- Experience with DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Demonstrated partnering and relationships with key government customers and industry partners
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Strong Oral and Written skills with an ability to use a wide variety of organic analysis tools such as spreadsheets, comparisons, visualizations, and assessments
- Also, able to use tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to access and use customer strategies, OpCons, ConOps, and tactics
- Travel as required, up to 10% per month
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos
- Top Secret Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.