Leidos is seeking an experienced Task Order Manager to lead one or more projects, as part of a research-oriented program with the U.S. Army, Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP) office. The Task Order Manager will be the primary point of contact to the Contracting Officer Representative and Alternate Contracting Officer Representative, and serves as a representative of the Project Director and Deputy Project Director. The Task Order Manager must demonstrate experience in project management in the health sciences field and ability to lead diverse teams of scientific, technical, and administrative staff.
This position requires the ability to obtain a National Agency Clearance and Inquiries (NACI) clearance.
- Reviews the Statements of Work (SOWs) for new projects and provides subject matter expertise in the development of task order proposals and labor estimates to the Project Director and Deputy Project Director. Manages the staffing, initiation, and work allocation for new projects/Task Orders.
- Manages day-to-day activities for all Task Orders assigned.
- Supervises a cohesive teams of scientific, technical, and administrative personnel in support of scientific / medical peer review.
- Organizes and manages task workloads within established quality, budget, and schedule guidelines.
- Establishes and maintains close working relations with customer personnel at all levels of the organization
- According to the scope of work for each Task Order, manages activities supporting the peer review process of scientific research applications, which includes: scientific and customer peer reviewer selection, engagement and compensation; application compliance verification; organization of peer review panels; meeting logistics and management; scientific, technical, administrative, logistical, biomedical writing and editing; and managing the IT and data management aspects of the scientific and technical merit review of research proposals.
- Presents formal and informal project status/plan briefings to the government and corporate managers through oral and written communications.
- Is responsible for the quality and timeliness of customer deliverables at the task order level.
- Monitors project team performance to ensure that projects are implemented, supported, and closed accurately and in accordance with key milestones
- Advises the Project Director on task order execution status and risks.
- Ensures that established project standards are upheld and clearly defined throughout the entire process of each project’s development and execution.
- Ensures project-level compliance with government and corporate policies and mandates, and adherence to directives from governing entities.
- Develops and provides technical progress reports and monthly budget summaries to customer as required by the task order
- Master’s degree or PhD in health sciences or scientific discipline.
- Experience managing IDIQ programs with multiple ongoing tasks and subtasks.
- At least 8+ years of experience related experience managing health sciences or research services programs with clients in the federal government or private sector.
- Experience in managing small to mid-size teams and running operations.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a National Agency Clearance and Inquiries (NACI) clearance.
- Understanding of Grants Management processes - Scientific Peer Review is highly desired.
- Experience with nationally recognized medical research topics such as cancer, infectious diseases, military medicine, traumatic brain injury, combat casualty care, and other military relevant diseases and conditions is highly desired.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:NACI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Research Scientist
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.