Leidos is seeking an editor who will support AN/SQQ-89(V) system technical data requirements for US Navy and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) for NAVSEA Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS 5). This position will report in Manassas VA.
• High school diploma or equivalent and 1-3 years of prior relevant experience.
• Prior experience with XML/HTML
• Excellent written communication and grammatical skills
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and coordinate deadlines
• Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
• Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
• Experience with AN/SQQ-89(V) in either Operations or Maintenance
• Prior experience with developing technical data for DoD programs
• Travel may be required for this position
• Work closely with the Logistics Manager, SME’s, and OEM Engineers to support the development of AN/SQQ-89(V) Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM) and technical documentation in accordance with current Navy standards.
• Assist in converting existing IETM’s into XML, HTML and hyperlinked PDF multimedia files.
• Be able to describe complex and technical topics in a clear, concise, and accurate manner
• Research and obtain available manuals, technical writing, editing, illustration and publication information, as required
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.