The OPS Systems Engineer will provide mission critical support to our customer. In this role, you will support the design, development and deployment of products, tools and capabilities in support of a dynamic customer enterprise. The Systems Engineer will provide engineering and administration tasks along with coordinating requirements on the customer’s system that supports mission needs. This individual will work in a team environment and coordinate across teams to effectively meet design, development, deployment, and monitoring/securing objectives.
- Senior-level Application and Network Trouble-shooting skills - Duties include examining highly complex customer problems and suggesting and implementing appropriate corrective action to initiate a repair or return.
- Providing Problem Management Support - This role analyzes recurring problems and initiates solutions for preventing re-occurrence. In addition, responsible for developing and applying in-depth understanding towards solutions of technical issues and problems that are undefined and complex.
- Senior-level Systems Administration skills - Individuals in this role may be required to remotely log into the end users' endpoint (desktops and/or servers with Windows or Linux OS) in order to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions.
- Providing Incident Management Support - Issues are complex in nature, team members respond to and address customer technical challenges through the diagnosis, analysis, application, and monitoring of complex solutions across multiple technical platforms that span organizational structures and classification levels.
- Providing Software and Hardware Maintenance Support - This role is also responsible for installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of systems, including associated hardware.
- Providing Operations and Sustainment Support - Duties may include updating to new systems, as well as support on current systems by tuning performance, allocating storage space, and implementing critical system patches.
- Account Management – Utilize application/system tools to validate customer credentials and to grant system/application access.
- Responsible for entire projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas.
- Manages large projects or processes with moderate impact on the achievement of sub-family results.
- Develops solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple area or disciplines.
- May communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.).
- Works to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches.
- Requires expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Significant experience with Active Directory and DNS
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment
- Experience with server patch management methodologies
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence.
- Significant experience of LINUX or equivalent system components.
- Significant experience of application troubleshooting
- Significant experience of Network trouble-shooting
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Significant experience planning and leading major technology assignments.
- Significant experience evaluating performance results and recommending major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Experience with interacting with customers to handle service inquiries and problems.
- Experience supervising others.
- Candidate must have Bachelors with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience. Will consider work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Knowledge of AWS cloud services and the cloud ecosystem.
- Experience using ElasticSearch
- Operating and maintaining systems in Linux
Candidate must be US Citizen.
Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.