The Leidos Civil team in Rockville, MD in support of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) is looking to improve and advance the organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solutions, where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while maintaining the NRC's numerous Internet, Intranet and public (external) web sites consisting of multiple offices’ content. We foster a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
The ideal candidate will be a member small web development team providing development support from designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to the customer specifications. This entails producing well written technical documents specific to the customer's environment and objectives. The candidate must be able to speak clearly and communicate effectively (both written and verbally) with a customer's Technical staff as well as Senior Management.
Under the direction of the Web Support Task Order Lead, Product Manager, you will be responsible, to include, but not limited to:
- Coordinate and administer content changes in a very timely manner to web sites from staff members
- Format and layout provided material (e.g. graphics, text, video, headings, pullouts, links, instructions or other applicable navigation or organizational aids) in accordance with existing NRC standards for the NRC external and internal web sites
- Ensures sites maintain optimum performance and security; works with systems administrator to ensure consistent uptime
- Performing various quality control activities and documentation procedure updates.
- Validate deliverables are Section 508 compliant using customer-established code and customer-approved best practices
- Responsible for strict following of customer-provided web standards
- Support NRC web sites with content updates and artwork as needed
- Service desk role operating and supporting content updates with the ability to work independently
- The ability manage time and be mindful of priorities
- Support NRC Office of Public Affairs (OPA) with press releases -- which is high-priority task
- Multitasking skill to coordinate requests from various NRC offices
- Ability to listen/follow directions and retain training provided
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline with minimum of 2-3 years of professional web support experience
- Understanding of/ability to use version control (such as Microsoft Visual SourceSafe (VSS) and within CMS) and Adobe Software (such as Photoshop and Dreamweaver),
- Ability to be a self-starter, pay strict attention to detail, and multitask across multiple projects and clients in a fast-paced, team-based environment
- Understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards
- A natural problem solver.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communications, organizational, and reporting skills
- Experience with section 508/Accessible website development is a plus
Basic understanding with Content Management Systems(CMS) such as Kentico and Drupal to edit content regions and willingness to learn
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Website Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.