The Defense Group of Leidos has a career opportunity for a talented, mid-level SecDevOps Engineer in Huntsville, AL to support a critical modernization effort of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) command and control program in order to satisfy the vision of Program Executive Office (PEO) Aviation and Project Manager Command, Control, and Effects.
Known as Scalable Control Interface (SCI), this effort is to meet the government’s objective to modernize the underlying UAS command and control architecture, redesign the command and control front/back end into the Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE), integrate common services made available through the Army’s Common Operating Environment (COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• This position is for a test automation focused software engineer.
• Support the larger SCI software development effort by implementing secure development operations (SecDevOps) processes.
• Implement and maintain software development operations (DevOps) tools and infrastructure.
• Implement and maintain continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
• Work with various SCI team members to address any problems arising during pipeline execution.
• Work with SCI software development team to develop and integrate automated unit tests into CI/CD pipelines.
• Work with SCI test team to develop and integrate automated system tests into CI/CD pipelines.
• Bachelor's degree with at least 2 years of prior relevant experience
• US citizenship with the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance
• Experience working in mixed Linux and Windows environments
• Experience writing scripts (i.e. Bash, PowerShell, python etc.) for automation, installation, deployments and configuration.
• Experience supporting virtualization and cloud platforms (e.g. VMware, Amazon Web Services, and Docker).
• Experience with CI/CD Pipelines
• Experience with software development including Java or C++
• Experience with Git distributed version control system
• Experience with SecDevOps tools including: Jenkins, Jira, and Confluence
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project and Outlook)
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills; good verbal and written skills; able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Experience with additional SecDevOps tools including: static code analyzers, Fortify and Nexus.
• Experience working in an Agile scrum team environment.
• Experience with Jenkins pipeline scripting
• Experience creating Docker files, images, and containers
• Experience configuring and managing Kubernetes clusters
• Experience installing and administering Atlassian tool suites.
• Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.