Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The Leidos Civil group is seeking a part time (20 hrs per week) mid-level Civil/Construction Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) Team, providing support to the Federal Aviation Administration. This will be 100% remote.
- Perform assessments of Unstaffed Infrastructure (UIS) facilities, review assessments performed by others, identify needs, and consolidate multiple needs into groups of similar needs, so that the number of new Originations required per site is minimized.
- Research existing originations in the CWP and coordinate scopes of new Originations to avoid duplication of projects.
- Coordinate with Services Area (SA) Program Implementation Managers (PIMs) and RSs to resolve potential conflicts between proposed and existing project scopes and schedules.
- Coordinate with Systems Support Center (SSC) personnel, Technical Services (TS) National Air Space (NAS) Implementation Program Managers (NIPMs), Program Implementation Managers (PIMs) and Services Area (SA) Requirements Specialists (RSs) to update information in the UIS Asset Database (UIS AD).
- Review technical drawings to update asset information in the UIS Asset Database (UIS AD).
- Assist with development of the UIS Site Assessment template.
- Work with the Unstaffed Infrastructure Sustainment (UIS) program office to enhance the capabilities of the UIS AD as directed.
- Provide support to the program office on other UIS asset related tasks
- General Engineering Degree (B.S.). Minimum 4 to 8 years of construction related experience as Project Engineer or Resident Engineer. Masters Degree with 2 to 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust. Public Trust requires US Citizenship or a Green Card and 3 years of residency in the United States.
- Knowledge of Unstaffed Infrastructure Sustainment (UIS) facilities
- Knowledge of National Airspace System Equipment Tower (NASET), National Airspace System Equipment Building (NASEB), Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC), power, general building construction techniques, Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT)s, fire detection, security, site work
- Knowledge of Corporate Work Plan (CWP) 4.1.12
- FAA Experience or Military Aviation background highly desired.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:1000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:20
Job Family:Civil Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $71,500.00 - $110,000.00 - $148,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.