Leidos Health Group has an opportunity for a SQL Database Administrator supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs’ Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy (CMOP) Staffing Support task order. The CMOP is a network of seven (7) highly-automated production facilities which employ a mixture of robotic devices, conveyor systems, and human factors to accurately fill and ship nearly 117,000,000 prescriptions per year for healthcare beneficiaries including our nation’s Veterans and patients eligible for care through Indian Health Service (IHS). The CMOP National IT Office has a requirement to augment its staffing with contractor support for on-site database administration in support of its key systems nationwide.
JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE: The candidate will provide database administration and maintenance support for highly specialized CMOP medical systems, on-site at the CMOP facility in Murfreesboro, TN. This includes management of database inconsistencies and optimization of database functionality with several interconnected database servers at the CMOP facility.
- Manage SQL functions, processes and jobs
- Manage Visual Studio .NET processes and procedures that interact with database functions and processes for moving data between databases and interdependent report servers and websites
- Assist local developers to resolve inconsistencies within those systems.
- Work with other Contractors and VA IT staff as part of the team and share knowledge for the benefit of the team.
The DBA may be required to provide on-site support on nights, holidays, and weekends (on average 2 – 3 times per month)
- Support the provision of SQL database design and development services in support of maintenance, enhancements and modernization of the CMOP facilities. The CMOP software baseline inclusive of the underlying databases are responsible order management, inventory control, fulfillment activities and the interfaces with the equipment on the automation floor.
- Install and maintain the performance of database servers, to ensure all SQL processes, procedures, and jobs are functioning correctly each day.
- Test servers each day using SQL Server Management Studio. Correct any problems found during testing during the same production day. Document testing results in the Daily Database Server Report
- Manage database access for on-site staff and remotely staff IAW authorization approval.
- Perform backups and recovery operations to meet established Recovery Point Objective.
- Utilize SQL database and SQL server tools (i.e. Server Analysis Service (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS)), available monitors, and dashboards to diagnose database issues and apply findings to derive a solutions.
- Develop tasks, jobs and processes as needed to enhance database performance and apply new features utilizing PowerShell to efficiently and effectively manage and move data between databases as needed.
- Program using industry standard methods.
- Develop solutions that integrate with existing VA architecture.
- Apply expert knowledge of advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts to sustain and enhance the CMOP databases.
- Be involved in analyses and the investigation of database performance and any blocking issues.
- Work closely with the customer to identify and address any database issues as they arise.
- Monitor SQL Agent jobs and processes.
- Monitor SSIS package executions and report on any errors.
- Create SSRS reports to monitor health as well as key performance indicators.
The candidate may:
- Ensure the compliance of customer standards; also ensure that contractual deliverables assigned are reviewed for completeness and completed on time.
- Works closely with other teams, support organizations, program and product management within the VHA CMOP and VA Office of Information and Technology (OIT) Infrastructure Operations environment.
- Install and upgrade SQL Server instances and databases as needed.
- Bachelor's degree. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for the degree.
- 3 or more years’ experience of database administration on Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- High level knowledge of SQL: indexes, normalization, schemas, stored procedures, and triggers
- Experience with Relational database design
- Expert T-SQL programming and analysis skills
- Strong database development skills MS SQL 2016/2019
- Strong SSIS and ETL skills
- Experience developing systems in the Microsoft environment using Microsoft’s development tools in real-time is required (SSMS, VS, etc.)
- Proven experience in developing and supporting large development initiatives that are similar in scope and complexity to VA’s CMOP
- Experience with automated unit testing and integration testing
- Collaborator, self-starter, strategic providing input to technical design to meet project objectives
- Experience in high transaction OLTP relational databases
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and deliver results.
- 5 or more years’ experience of database administration on Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Experience with Visual studio 2019
- Experience with .NET and C#
- Understanding or experience of development and integration processes in multiple environments.
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2015
- Experience with Microsoft Teams
- Ability to adequately document designs, coded solutions and systems.
- Experience with Mid-Tier Application Servers (IIS)
- Ideally 2+ years of experience in the field of industrial process automation similar to CMOP or health care industry
- Experience working in an industrial automation environment similar to CMOP or health care industry
- Experience with Department of Veterans Affairs within the last two years, to include previous possession of VA PIV card and VA network access
Experience working as a contractor for the Federal government
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:0
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.